This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It would be nice if you could get almost all the Pokemon from this game

#1Davimus518Posted 7/25/2013 4:05:37 AM
It would be nice if you could get almost all the Pokemon from this game, instead of having to have games from the late 90's which worked on basic gameboy. Even if you have to wait until you beat the main game to see some more showing up on the maps, I'd much rather do that than have to own 5 previous versions of Pokemon (10 if I want them all) and start beating/trading with myself. The only Pokemon I couldn't imagine in these games would be the legendaries from previous games, especially the event specific ones.
#2javel34Posted 7/25/2013 4:51:55 AM
That ruins the point of Pokemon. Also ruins Kalos, while every known Pokemon could exist there, I enjoy the thought of certain Pokemon being exotic.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#3deadpool848Posted 7/25/2013 4:54:14 AM
All I want is this: Your first playthrough is just a normal playthrough as usual with only new pokemon. Once you beat the game, you now unlock National Mode, which can be selected when you start a new game. Also make this unlock persist even if you delete your data so you can actualy use it for new games you play. basicaly what national mode will do is it will change the wild pokemon you can encounter in each area to a much broader range from all generations, and make it so just about all of the pokemon are obtainable in some way when in national mode. This way you can replay the game, and encounter some of your old favorites in the wild to use in that playthrough. Can also make Nuzlockes about 10 times more fun.

Also in National mode, most of tha trainders, especially the important ones now also use pokemon from previous generations, so your Gym battles become a bit more challenging because now they also have a large number of pokemon to choose from for there designated Type.

This is just an idea though.
#4deadpool848Posted 7/25/2013 4:55:15 AM
javel34 posted...
That ruins the point of Pokemon. Also ruins Kalos, while every known Pokemon could exist there, I enjoy the thought of certain Pokemon being exotic.

I mean your first experience can be with just new pokemon, then when you beat the game, something like i described above can occur and now you can encounter many more pokemon in the region.
#5Davimus518(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 4:55:33 AM
javel34 posted...

It doesn't have to be canon that those Pokemon live in that region, hence the option to start finding them after you beat the game. It is just very time/money consuming for people who may not have the other games or have a bagillion hours to play it. Not to mention all the money involved if you did have to go back and buy every version and another hand held console to work with them. I mean it would be easier if the person in question already had the older games all beat with droves of Pokemon and an older hand held to support it. But for the person just getting into it or back into it, it's not a very user friendly model.
#6deadpool848Posted 7/25/2013 5:06:49 AM
Davimus518 posted...
javel34 posted...

It doesn't have to be canon that those Pokemon live in that region, hence the option to start finding them after you beat the game. It is just very time/money consuming for people who may not have the other games or have a bagillion hours to play it. Not to mention all the money involved if you did have to go back and buy every version and another hand held console to work with them. I mean it would be easier if the person in question already had the older games all beat with droves of Pokemon and an older hand held to support it. But for the person just getting into it or back into it, it's not a very user friendly model.

Plus, it encourages hacking when it innevitably becomes available for X/Y. Many people would want to have certain pokemon, and they have 3 options:
1. Buy old games, transfer pokemon (time and money)
2. Trade; Which can backfire really fast because of the rediculous demands in the pokemon community. (This can lead to hacking for trades, but this leads into point 3).
3. Hacking; Why hack for pokemon to trade when you can just hack in the pokemon you want.

Backwards compatibility is nice and all, but whats even nicer is instead of making it a money making decision to not include many old pokemon in a game, why not just finaly do it. Have you beat the game and now have a way to obtain every pokemon, wether it be by doing a sidequest thing for an npc, from a route, finding it at a certain place on a certain day, and so on.
#7Ether_SwordPosted 7/25/2013 5:29:02 AM
Well, if we are lucky, an AR could come out for the 3DS to help deal with all those aforementioned problems.