This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You won't be able to transfer Pokemon from past games to X/Y, can't you see it?

#1NoivernPosted 7/25/2013 9:57:06 AM
I mean, it's been obvious.

This is the reason there will be appearently an NPC who gives you Kanto Starters, this is why Mewtwo has been revelant again. Due to the lack of connection, they're trying to appeal the fanbase with some of the famous old Pokemon being obtainable in-game.

People were stubborn with Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity back then too - It will have all Pokemanz like past Mystery Dungeons OMG SO EPIC. Look how that turned out.

I'm sorry to say it, but the 3DS sometimes is limiting the games content unlike DS.
#2EnferolunosPosted 7/25/2013 10:00:40 AM
A+
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/25/2013 10:00:48 AM
That's fine. Just mean more money I'm saving as X Y would be the last Pokémon game I'll ever buy if that's the case.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#4adept89Posted 7/25/2013 10:02:01 AM
Oh, hey, Yveltal.
---
Heavypress.
Human beings are just so damn interesting!
#5ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/25/2013 10:02:01 AM
I'm OK with this. I already traded in my older Pokemon games. By the way, what's this about Mewtwo? Will Mewtwo be obtainable in the game?
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#6TheFairyTrainerPosted 7/25/2013 10:05:27 AM
After I grinded so many hours to get all of the starters. So many hours. And I won't even me able use my Mewtwo I named Bajin Mew. It hurts. You make a good point, but everything in me is hoping you are wrong :(
---
BMOXBubble S support
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QgmT5wbeg
#7jeffreyv1987Posted 7/25/2013 10:05:30 AM
I'm fine without being able to transfer old Pokemon to this 1... i mean the game comes out world wide on the 12th of October.. so everyone should start fresh...
---
Pokemon White FC: 2752-0426-1653
#8AlphaDiamondPosted 7/25/2013 10:05:46 AM
Noivern posted...
I mean, it's been obvious.

This is the reason there will be appearently an NPC who gives you Kanto Starters, this is why Mewtwo has been revelant again. Due to the lack of connection, they're trying to appeal the fanbase with some of the famous old Pokemon being obtainable in-game.

People were stubborn with Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity back then too - It will have all Pokemanz like past Mystery Dungeons OMG SO EPIC. Look how that turned out.

I'm sorry to say it, but the 3DS sometimes is limiting the games content unlike DS.

ok, first, the NPC giving you a kanto starter is just a rumour yet. it was released with other rumours that were true, but still, it's a rumour.
second, you are right, they made a new Mewtwo form to appeal the fanbase, but that doesn't mean that there won't be backwards compatibility.

and third, they said at E3 that they were working on it, so there is still a chance that there will be backwards compatibility.
and finally, how the 3DS is limiting the contect of a 3DS game because it can't have backwards compatibility? X/Y will probably have the same or more content that a usual Pokemon game, and we have seen other games with lots of content (like FE or Animal Crossing) in 3DS. so no, one thing is not related to the other.
#9Noivern(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:06:08 AM
Mewtwo presumably will be obtainable, since they want to promote the second forme.

I also fail to see how is it 'okay' to some. Many trainers around the world has spent hours of breeding perfect IV Pokemon or hunting days for certain Shinys. Why do you support GameFreak in cases like this, that only make our experience worse.

We're living in the XXI age and things like this shouldn't be a concern anymore.
#10ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/25/2013 10:13:31 AM
Noivern posted...
Mewtwo presumably will be obtainable, since they want to promote the second forme.

I also fail to see how is it 'okay' to some. Many trainers around the world has spent hours of breeding perfect IV Pokemon or hunting days for certain Shinys. Why do you support GameFreak in cases like this, that only make our experience worse.

We're living in the XXI age and things like this shouldn't be a concern anymore.

Mewtwo has a second form? Where was this revealed? The only site I go to for info is Serebii.

It's OK for me because, all I do in my games is earn the badges, beat the Pokemon League, complete the Pokedex, trade Pokemon to help others complete their dex, and give people items.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146