This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You won't be able to transfer Pokemon from past games to X/Y, can't you see it?

#21SlimeStackPosted 7/25/2013 11:38:57 AM
Noivern posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Not sure if troll or silly paranoid person...

I am being careful and not have my expectations on a high level. Just look what happened here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683850-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-gates-to-infinity/64627396

No, you're just being paranoid. I'm not even going to bother.
---
Blah.
#22Storm101Posted 7/25/2013 11:42:31 AM
Noivern posted...
I also have a bad feeling that some of the "lesser-known" Pokemon won't be coded inside the game too. Why should they bother with random Magcargo or Spiritomb when nobody uses them.

I fear that this might be the era where Pokemon starts losing Pokemon. I hate to say it, but the way things are going nowadays aren't a good sign; for example SSB4 losing Story Mode and Cutscenes.

Those are nowhere near the same thing. The story and cutscenes in Brawl were badly received. Removing them is a good thing for most people, because it allows them to focus more on adding more characters, stages etc.
#23pokemon2pokerPosted 7/25/2013 11:42:41 AM
I agree

Also, the advent of fairy will mess up hidden powers.
---
A+E
#24russi4nroulettePosted 7/25/2013 11:46:11 AM
I seriously hope you're wrong
#25Noivern(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 11:47:42 AM
Storm101 posted...
Those are nowhere near the same thing. The story and cutscenes in Brawl were badly received. Removing them is a good thing for most people, because it allows them to focus more on adding more characters, stages etc.

I wouldn't say so, considering most of the Internet whines for it back right now. Subspace Emissary might have been long, but the cutscenes were interesting.

Casuals don't want to have their "fun" part of the game being cut due to being competitive. This is what ruins most of the francishes, if it happens to Smash Bros and then to Pokemon, then it will be over.

Game Freak using nostalgia power against old players might bite them back. Mewtwo and Charizard are not the only thing we care about from the old games, and they might not have realized that.
#26SavagedChinHairPosted 7/25/2013 11:54:38 AM
I'm not even that bothered about transferring Pokemon for like.. The Pokedex's sake.. The thing that upsets me most? Every shiny Pokemon I ever got will be trapped forever on Pokemon Black. I have about 17 of them.. My favourite being a shiny bulbasaur I got over wifi. Yeah he was nicknamed Oscar, but I don't give two s****. That guy was Shiny and my favourite of all starters.

Has this actually been confirmed? Or is it just speculation.. i know it seems likely.. but I kind of dont want to face it.
---
Xbox: SavagedChinHair/ Playstation: Midnight-Pheonix Ask me for my WiiU or 3DS Friendcodes!
#27Firelion6593Posted 7/25/2013 11:57:15 AM
Noivern posted...
I wouldn't say so, considering most of the Internet whines for it back right now. Subspace Emissary might have been long, but the cutscenes were interesting.

How do we know exactly how many people want it back? We'd need to take an extensive survey to really gauge an idea of who wants it back and who doesn't. Otherwise, you could be experiencing a vocal minority.

Casuals don't want to have their "fun" part of the game being cut due to being competitive. This is what ruins most of the francishes, if it happens to Smash Bros and then to Pokemon, then it will be over.

SSB is a fighting game. Even casual players like myself mostly play it as such. It's not meant to be a side-scrolling platformer, which is what Subspace Emissary was.

Additionally, Pokemon has always tried to have a bit of a balance between casual players and competitive ones. The core aspects of Pokemon are collecting, battling, and trading. 2/3'a of that sounds pretty casual to me. And besides, they won't cut any old Pokemon from the game. PMD was an exception, though I can't for the life of me imagine why.

Game Freak using nostalgia power against old players might bite them back. Mewtwo and Charizard are not the only thing we care about from the old games, and they might not have realized that.

Well, given that they're still using the same basic mechanics from Gen. I, I'd say they realize that. Pokemon hasn't changed too much since those days. There's new Pokemon, new moves, even new types, but it pretty much runs the same way.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#28Noivern(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 12:13:33 PM
Hopefully you are right, Firelion. I wouldn't want to face such a thing either. I hope they're going to confirm backwards compatibility before the game releases, otherwise we might have something to worry about.
#29Master XPosted 7/25/2013 12:21:09 PM
I don't get why people think they'd remove the ability to transfer. 3DS play DS games right? They can go local wifi with a second 3DS. Heck, at this point you don't even need a second 3DS, you could just put your DS game in and transfer them to a Pokemon Box app, then from there to your 3DS game. There'll be the usual restrictions like no HMs (though I don't think there's HMs, so this restriction may not apply anymore), and item restrictions (the item one pissed me off, as I'd amassed every possible berry in platinum/diamond).
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#30NegaZeldaPosted 7/25/2013 12:23:39 PM
Did I complete the Pokedex? Starting from Gen IV, yup. Did I IV breed meticulously and EV so many 'mons? Yup again. Was I annoyed when I never seemed to get the HP I wanted? Oh yeah (record is 257 Joltik eggs). It took forever really; huge chunks of my time that were probably better off studying or resting.

But I can honestly say, I'd still go and buy and play these games. The basic formula is still there, there are still some old 'mons in these games at least and Gamefreak has never left us high and dry before in terms of eventually delivering the rest of the missing bunch in the main series games (PMD is a spin-off, I don't expect everything. Look at the first Pokemon Rumble too. Main series are that, main. To cut a Pokemon from the main series would be a serious insult to the designers of said Pokemon if nothing else) and the competitive game will still be there. If anything, it'd give me more time to get used to the Kalos Pokemon and how to use them competitively. Backwards compatibility in Pokemon has never been a dealbreaker for me, especially since I basically played Sinnoh without it at all (fake GBA games as b-day presents...didn't learn 'til too late).

Likeliest for backwards compatibility would be a Store App IMO. Sorta like what I saw mentioned elsewhere on this board: Upload from BW(2) and download to XY.

Even if the worst happened and Gamefreak didn't (for some unfathomable reason) include every Pokemon, my Pokemon aren't "lost"; they're still on Black 2. I could also see people keeping Gen V games in such a scenario to use old Pokemon that wouldn't be available.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.