This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon worries too much about what people like to use.

#1DaVeBaTiStAFaNPosted 7/25/2013 12:56:34 PM
So many people on their forums complain about people using Infernape too much, not using Latias enough, using Gliscor too much, too much Ambipom, too much Charizard, etc. I think if you do well using those things then no one else should tell you what you shouldn't use.
---
quoting nancy grace is OFFENSIVE. - gamefaqs mods
3ds friend code - 3050 8064 0629
#2X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/25/2013 12:58:33 PM
Wonder if Smogon would say I use Gengar too much as he's in every team I have except my legendary team.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#3Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/25/2013 12:59:02 PM(edited)
But if people used Ambipom and Metagross less, they could fall to lower tiers where they could actually be useful

It's a valid complaint

Stop using bad Pokemon
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#4DaVeBaTiStAFaN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:00:12 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
But if people used Ambipom and Metagross less, they could fall to lower tiers where they could actually be useful

It's a valid complaint

Stop using bad Pokemon

If people haven't taken them off their teams, they obviously still find them useful so that's not true. Maybe Smogon should fix their dumb tiering system if they want to use Metagross in UU so badly.
---
#5-Chespear-Posted 7/25/2013 1:09:32 PM
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...
So many people on their forums complain about people using Infernape too much, not using Latias enough, using Gliscor too much, too much Ambipom, too much Charizard, etc. I think if you do well using those things then no one else should tell you what you shouldn't use.

Epic lulz.
---
"No excessive trolling. (The Butters rule)"
R.I.P iKhanic 6/16/2012-7/23/2013
#6DaVeBaTiStAFaN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:10:40 PM
-Chespear- posted...
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...

Epic lulz.

"Lulz, able to take out a full-health Arceus in 1 hit, so weak! Smogon told me so!"
---
#7Octaivian_RexPosted 7/25/2013 1:12:24 PM
That's there way of saying a Pokemon is overated or underated. Rather then just say a Pokemon sucks they say that too many people use it because it's not that good and vice versa.
---
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif
#8YourLuckPosted 7/25/2013 2:34:48 PM
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...

I don't get what you're complaining about? Also, Smogon isn't one single entity, it's the community.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#9Great_ReapettePosted 7/25/2013 2:37:13 PM
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...
-Chespear- posted...
DaVeBaTiStAFaN posted...

Epic lulz.

"Lulz, able to take out a full-health Arceus in 1 hit, so weak! Smogon told me so!"

"Lulz, 4x weak to Stealth Rock, so strong! DaVeBaTiStAFaN told me so!"
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10Firelion6593Posted 7/25/2013 2:39:25 PM
People worry too much about Smogon. They aren't forcing you to play by their rules, they just create the most commonly accepted ones.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.