This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

favorite villains in pokemon

#21PsychoWolfXPosted 7/26/2013 10:36:12 AM
Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!

Sorry, I had to.
#22Ari917Posted 7/26/2013 11:16:33 AM
Gensokyo posted...
Ari917 posted...
Gensokyo posted...
Team Rocket, for being the only team without an absolutlely ridiculous goal.

How is trying to rewrite the rules of time and space and freeing trainer's Pokemon to take over a region really anymore moronic then taking over a large corporation for money or raiding a Radio Tower and broadcasting their intentions?

Goal =/= methods of achieving said goal.

And yet the method used is how the goal is achieved, if ridiculous or poorly thought out actions are taken to achieve said goal then it still reflects badly on the group regardless. I mean, yes the goal of getting their old boss back is more realistic then the others but are we really going to say that telegraphing the whole world what they want and how they're going to go about it is not just as ridiculous as the other teams if not more so? Same with taking over a multi-billion dollar corporation (though much less so) by force, that's still going to raise flags all over the place. Even with more realistic goals that doesn't mean that TR didn't have their fair share of ridiculous actions.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#23The_Undying_84Posted 7/26/2013 11:19:26 AM
On the other hand, Team Rocket needed a random unexpected 10 year old kid to stop them, so clearly their plan was good enough to fool the police at least.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#24CakeOfLiesPosted 7/26/2013 11:19:28 AM
Let's see...
Rocket was just "derp we're bad guys," Aqua and Magma were destroying the world, Galactic was destroying the universe just to remake it without emotion (why not just destroy emotion?), and Plasma was ruling the world.

Team Plasma had the best idea so far.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#25Ari917Posted 7/26/2013 11:27:07 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
On the other hand, Team Rocket needed a random unexpected 10 year old kid to stop them, so clearly their plan was good enough to fool the police at least.

The police in general are incompetent, even Looker, a government agent, had to let a kid do the job for team galactic . :p
---
#26MaetchPosted 7/26/2013 1:19:29 PM
Ari917 posted...
Gensokyo posted...
Ari917 posted...
Gensokyo posted...
Team Rocket, for being the only team without an absolutlely ridiculous goal.

How is trying to rewrite the rules of time and space and freeing trainer's Pokemon to take over a region really anymore moronic then taking over a large corporation for money or raiding a Radio Tower and broadcasting their intentions?

Goal =/= methods of achieving said goal.

And yet the method used is how the goal is achieved, if ridiculous or poorly thought out actions are taken to achieve said goal then it still reflects badly on the group regardless. I mean, yes the goal of getting their old boss back is more realistic then the others but are we really going to say that telegraphing the whole world what they want and how they're going to go about it is not just as ridiculous as the other teams if not more so? Same with taking over a multi-billion dollar corporation (though much less so) by force, that's still going to raise flags all over the place. Even with more realistic goals that doesn't mean that TR didn't have their fair share of ridiculous actions.

The only reason why Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower was so they could beg Giovanni to come back out of sheer desperation. It had nothing to do with any of their usual money-making schemes.
#27JoJoX200Posted 7/26/2013 1:51:25 PM
Which team was Mirror B on? Cipher or Snagem? Whichever is the answer is my answer on this topic.
#28Ari917Posted 7/26/2013 2:10:37 PM
Maetch posted...

The only reason why Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower was so they could beg Giovanni to come back out of sheer desperation. It had nothing to do with any of their usual money-making schemes.

I'm aware of that and it's not that I don't understand them being desperate, but it's still pretty bad in hindsight. They broadcast their attentions for anyone to hear and it makes them an easy target for anyone willing to stop their plans go in and defeat them, really it's amazing no one else got involved before the MC did (in fact, where did Lance go?). It's still one of the dumber moves any one of these teams made no matter how you look at it.
---
#29Legendary_MusasPosted 7/26/2013 2:12:48 PM(edited)
Rocket - Mafia using Pokemon to make money, seflish and greedy.
Aqua/Magma - Hippies with inferioty complexes
Galactic - Nazis who want to take over the Universe
Plasma 1 - Hypocrits
Plasma 2 - Badass Ninja Pirates who want to take over the world.

Rocket and Plasma 2 are the only ones I can stomach, the rest are Anime villains 101 and Plasma 1 are a bunch of idiots.

Plasma easily have the best music though.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#30MaetchPosted 7/26/2013 5:32:29 PM
Ari917 posted...
Maetch posted...

I'm aware of that and it's not that I don't understand them being desperate, but it's still pretty bad in hindsight. They broadcast their attentions for anyone to hear and it makes them an easy target for anyone willing to stop their plans go in and defeat them, really it's amazing no one else got involved before the MC did (in fact, where did Lance go?). It's still one of the dumber moves any one of these teams made no matter how you look at it.

Well, the Rockets had men blocking the Goldenrod gates to keep everybody from getting in or out of the city, so flying was the only option. For the most part, it works as there's almost no NPC Trainers who have HM moves like Fly, and those few that do tend to be pathetically weak.

Lance may have had a Fly user among his Pokémon, but... y'know... plot contrivance. He did his part in Mahogany, so now he gets to sit around and do nothing until the final League battle.

JoJoX200 posted...
Which team was Mirror B on? Cipher or Snagem? Whichever is the answer is my answer on this topic.

He was with Cipher in Colosseum, but tried to form his own independent team in XD (even though the team only consisted of himself and his two idiot henchmen).