This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a type circle of balance

#21Meta289Posted 7/26/2013 9:31:10 AM
Normal/Normal/Normal

Ghost/Ghost/Ghost

Grass/Steel/Electric

Perfectly balanced with each other.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#22Faust_8Posted 7/26/2013 9:42:00 AM
FenriLoki posted...
Fighting/Dark/Psychic doesn't make a perfect trio. Sorry if someone already said/pointed this out.

Dark is completely immune to psychic. Breaks the circle.

Miracle Eye makes Psychic neutral against Dark. Breaks the cycle.

I refer you to jayman's post. Also:

We haven't had a "perfect" circle very much. Only Gen II and V could really count.

Gen I: Charizard double resists Grass. Breaks the circle!
Gen III: Swampert has two STABs SE against Fire and is 4x weak to Grass. Breaks the circle!
Gen IV: Oh man, each Pokemon BREAKS THE CIRCLE!

Heck even Gen V you could whine that Emboar has a STAB that is neutral against Grass instead of having to use non-STAB attacks. Breaks the circle!

For Pete's sake the circle doesn't have to be perfect! You're citing a precedent that has never truly existed!
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#23FenriLokiPosted 7/26/2013 9:44:09 AM
Faust_8 posted...
FenriLoki posted...
Fighting/Dark/Psychic doesn't make a perfect trio. Sorry if someone already said/pointed this out.

We haven't had a "perfect" circle very much. Only Gen II and V could really count.

Gen III: Swampert has two STABs SE against Fire and is 4x weak to Grass. Breaks the circle!

Heck even Gen V you could whine that Emboar has a STAB that is neutral against Grass instead of having to use non-STAB attacks. Breaks the circle!

For Pete's sake the circle doesn't have to be perfect! You're citing a precedent that has never truly existed!

As far as I'm concerned, only the primary types have to conform. So no. None of the examples break the circle.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#24deadpool848Posted 7/26/2013 10:04:34 AM
FenriLoki posted...

The whole idea is it would be strong against it. If you have Fire/Psychic and a Grass/Dark, do you really think the Fire/Psychic wil try to use a psychic move?

Dark/Fighting/Psychic makes a circle, i understand that dark resists psychic, but the whole point is to use the OTHER type against it. Its like people are implying that this is not perfectly balanced thus the dark type starter will be overpowered or something, its not. As you can see it works like this.

You have A,B,C as you types, and the whole idea behind is Each one can beat one, and loose to another. So
A > B > C
That is the main point of it. The fact that something resists or immune to something does not really pertain. Plus if you think about it, the first 3 starters are not balanced like you guys want them to be XD.
CHarizard is Fire/Flying, and Venasaur is Grass/Poison Poison is neutral on charizard and Grass is now 1/4 resist. While good old blastoise stayed Pure Water.

Fire/Flying // Water // Grass/Poison is not a perfect cycle like you people are asking for, so shus XD.

THe fact that Dark is immune to psychic isntead of resisting does not break its ability to be a stater cycle.
#25deadpool848Posted 7/26/2013 10:10:03 AM
jayman7 posted...
Why Psychic, Fighting, and Dark starters would never, ever, ever, everest work, ever, by jayman7.

Many people believe that the starters should get Psychic, Fighting, and Dark types, possibly as dualtypes. And these people are WRONG!!!one!eleventy-one! Let me outline the reasons why this will never happen with the least amount of mocking sarcasm possible.

First of all, the whole point of the starters is that they need to be perfectly balanced! Even the slightest imbalance in the starters would throw off the whole metagame!

Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle arent perfectly balanced starters =P.
#26deadpool848Posted 7/26/2013 10:19:39 AM
FenriLoki posted...
Faust_8 posted...
FenriLoki posted...

As far as I'm concerned, only the primary types have to conform. So no. None of the examples break the circle.

Last tiem I checked, you dont only use primary types for damage calculations. So grass being x4 agaisnt the water starter breaks the circle(Gen 3). Grass being 1/4 against the fire starter breaks the circle(Gen 1). Both Fire and Grass being Neutral against the Water starter breaks the circle(Gen 4). Just because Fire/Water/Grass is perfectly balanced by itself, does not mean we cannot take into effect the secondary types, because as we can see, they do matter in the damage calculations.

So I really do not see anything wrong with having Psychic/Dark/Fighting as the main types, because as you can see you can give secondary types to them to counteract the one little flaw that is dark being immune to psychic isntead of resisting it.
They can work as both primary and as secondary types, because you can give them other priamry/secondary typings to make them work.

Fire/Psychic beats Grass/Dark with a Fire move and Water/Fighting with a psychic move.
Grass/Dark beats Fire/Psychic with a Dark move and Water/Fighting with a grass move.
Water/Fighting beats Fire/Psychic with a water move and Grass/Dark with a fighting move.

As you can see, this is truly a great way to balance it because each starter has a STAB move to beat the other two starters. Keeping it that way will in true balance out the starters and make it more personal when picking a starter instead of picking it for the type advantages/disadvantages oer the other starters. Weather something is resistant immune or nuetral to soem kinda of damage does not mean anything, as long as each starter has access to a STAB move to be able to beat each of the other starters makes it balanced.
#27jayman7Posted 7/26/2013 10:32:46 AM
deadpool848 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Why Psychic, Fighting, and Dark starters would never, ever, ever, everest work, ever, by jayman7.

Many people believe that the starters should get Psychic, Fighting, and Dark types, possibly as dualtypes. And these people are WRONG!!!one!eleventy-one! Let me outline the reasons why this will never happen with the least amount of mocking sarcasm possible.

First of all, the whole point of the starters is that they need to be perfectly balanced! Even the slightest imbalance in the starters would throw off the whole metagame!

Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle arent perfectly balanced starters =P.

Oh, really? It's a shame that something like that wasn't the entire point of that paragraph.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#28Krio Lv3Posted 7/26/2013 12:05:14 PM
Honestly I'd like to see a circle like this:

Fire - Grass - Water

Fire/Grass - Grass/Water - Water/Fire
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#29CharizardFirePosted 7/26/2013 12:14:03 PM
Dark/Psychic/Fighting is a terrible idea and you people should stop trying to justify it.

This.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#30jayman7Posted 7/26/2013 12:48:29 PM(edited)
Krio Lv3 posted...
Honestly I'd like to see a circle like this:

Fire - Grass - Water

Fire/Grass - Grass/Water - Water/Fire

If you do this, why even bother having the triangle? None of them are weak to any of the others. You might as well do Electric, Normal, and Dark.

CharizardFire posted...
Dark/Psychic/Fighting is a terrible idea and you people should stop trying to justify it.

This.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Opelucid_City#Battle_House

Tell it to Eileen and Lou.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere