This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a type circle of balance

#31hellslingerPosted 7/26/2013 1:51:04 PM
At this point I find the people saying the Dark/Psychic/Fighting trio should never happen are way more annoying then the ones that want it to happen.

The idea of it always being a perfect triangle has always been done away with a long time ago. Plus I hate the "It can work because dark is immune" because the player is always going to have other types on their team. And it isn't like the Psychic type would never do damage to the dark type the rival would have. They do have other attacks that do effect it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#32SkoziPosted 7/26/2013 2:20:21 PM
Here's my question. Why the hell are you trying to use psychic attacks on a grass/dark pokemon when you have FIRE attacks?
---
DoctorScraps~ Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast.
Leader of Reaper Clan Est. 2007
#33jayman7Posted 7/26/2013 2:24:52 PM(edited)
Skozi posted...
Here's my question. Why the hell are you trying to use psychic attacks on a grass/dark pokemon when you have FIRE attacks?

This topic has not been consistently about Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting (though that is what the leak says will happen.)

For those contexts, though, this is a very good point and one I may have added to my earlier bout of sarcasm if there was more of a dualtype discussion in this topic.

jayman7 could have snarked...
And people think they will be added as dualtypes to Grass/Fire/Water starters? What will that help? Dark is still immune to Psychic! Really, I don't know how you expect a FIRE/Psychic starter to beat a GRASS/Dark starter! Dark's immunity to Psychic means that none of your attacks will ever hit!

---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#34Zabie_WPosted 7/26/2013 2:36:49 PM
jayman7 posted...
Can you imagine? A Grass-type starter picking up a Ground type to do some sort of reverse triangle thing that could never ever happen?

You mean Torterra?
#35jayman7Posted 7/26/2013 2:42:36 PM(edited)
Zabie_W posted...
jayman7 posted...
Can you imagine? A Grass-type starter picking up a Ground type to do some sort of reverse triangle thing that could never ever happen?

You mean Torterra?

Torwhatta? Don't come barging in here with your obviously fake never-going-to-happen learn-what-sarcasm-means come-on-I-outright-admitted-I-was-being-sarcastic-in-that-post fake Pokémon!

jayman7 posted...
So in conclusion, Psychic, Fighting, and Dark would never work; people who don't understand sarcasm are fun to laugh at; inevitably someone is going to take this essay seriously anyway; and Psychic, Fighting, and Dark would never work. The end.

Speaking of Psychic-types, I must be one.
---
#36Krio Lv3Posted 7/26/2013 2:41:37 PM
jayman7 posted...
Krio Lv3 posted...
Honestly I'd like to see a circle like this:

Fire - Grass - Water

Fire/Grass - Grass/Water - Water/Fire

If you do this, why even bother having the triangle? None of them are weak to any of the others. You might as well do Electric, Normal, and Dark.

For a few reasons.

#1. We haven't had a Fire/Grass yet.
#2. We haven't had a Water/Fire yet.
#3. Because they don't have to be weak or strong to one another, it's actually Perfect Balance this way, since they all take normal damage and still keep to the Fire-Grass-Water Tradition.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#37jayman7Posted 7/26/2013 2:43:31 PM
Krio Lv3 posted...

So what? We've never had a Dragon/Rock-type before but I'm not expecting one to be in the starter trio.
---
#38MasajubPosted 7/26/2013 3:09:29 PM
Let's see, how many scenarios in-game are there where it matters that the opponent starter is resistant to your starter's type.

-The first battle with rival...

...wait... you usually don't have your "special" attack (ember, bubble, etc) by the time that first battle comes around and if you do you'll use scratch/tackle whatever anyway. So not that scenario.

-Every subsequent rival battle...

...wait... you would usually send out a different Pokemon to your rival's starter to avoid the type disadvantage so its moot. That is unless you want to send it out for dramatic effect in which case you'll probably use your non-stab moves.

So I guess it makes absolutely no difference about resistance and Dark/Fighting/Psychic would be totally fine on starters. Especially as sub-types.
#39hellslingerPosted 7/26/2013 3:11:32 PM
Masajub posted...
Let's see, how many scenarios in-game are there where it matters that the opponent starter is resistant to your starter's type.

-The first battle with rival...

...wait... you usually don't have your "special" attack (ember, bubble, etc) by the time that first battle comes around and if you do you'll use scratch/tackle whatever anyway. So not that scenario.

-Every subsequent rival battle...

...wait... you would usually send out a different Pokemon to your rival's starter to avoid the type disadvantage so its moot. That is unless you want to send it out for dramatic effect in which case you'll probably use your non-stab moves.

So I guess it makes absolutely no difference about resistance and Dark/Fighting/Psychic would be totally fine on starters. Especially as sub-types.

Never try logic with the Dark/Psychic/Fighting haters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#40Krio Lv3Posted 7/26/2013 5:03:04 PM
jayman7 posted...
Krio Lv3 posted...

So what? We've never had a Dragon/Rock-type before but I'm not expecting one to be in the starter trio.

Nope, but my way keeps the traditional circle while adding in new combos, and keeps balance.

And I want a Dragon/Every other type within a plot of a game, be it something like "The legendary will emerge when all the Dragons are in the same place" or something. Balance and new typings, as well as some for normal pokemon we already have in legendaries so people like me, who don't use legendaries can have a Fire/Dragon and a Grass/Psychic.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon