This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be opposed to Pokemon with 4 forms aka 3 evolutions?

#1Davimus518Posted 7/26/2013 9:02:30 AM
If a Pokemon had 4 forms, would you be opposed? Like for example, if you got a new type of Pokemon and it could evolve 3 times, would that upset you? Or how about if some of the past Pokemon, like the starters for example, what if they all got an additional form? I am somebody who is always up for new things, so something like this wouldn't bother me. But I want to know your opinions.
#2MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/26/2013 9:04:02 AM
Nope, I am all for it.
Something I've wanted to see for a while now...serioulsy.
That 3rd stage being the "older" version. Where it's Speed lessens and SpA increases. :P
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#3X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/26/2013 9:04:34 AM
Give my Gengar an evolve form.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/26/2013 9:04:38 AM
Yeah, I think I would be. I was thinking about this a little while ago, and realized I can't imagine a Pokemon with 3 evolutions. Everything about this series leads to a third, final evolution, and beyond that just seems unreasonable to me. Can't you imagine if something like Charizard evolved? The only thing I can imagine is a ton of people getting incentive to say compare Pokemon to Digimon
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#5uuurrrgghPosted 7/26/2013 9:04:50 AM
As long as they have the equivalent stats as 3-form evo lines, I'm fine. Giving another boost of BST would just be overkill.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#6Arne83Posted 7/26/2013 9:08:10 AM
I see no reason to be opposed to something like thsi.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#7Luigi playerPosted 7/26/2013 9:12:42 AM
I wouldn't want this. They'd change even more of the Pokemon... leave the older Pokemon alone from stuff like that!
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#8TheCorruptAngelPosted 7/26/2013 9:16:06 AM
I wouldn't want this, but I WOULD like more Pokémon with split evolutions, ŕ la Snorunt, Kirlia, Burmy, etc. I like the concept of split evolutions but wish they were done more, and even that they would have split evolutions that evolve a second time.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#9Davimus518(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 9:32:24 AM
TheCorruptAngel posted...
I wouldn't want this, but I WOULD like more Pokémon with split evolutions, ŕ la Snorunt, Kirlia, Burmy, etc. I like the concept of split evolutions but wish they were done more, and even that they would have split evolutions that evolve a second time.

So like a tree of evolutions? Sounds interesting.

An example would be a base Pokemon named Gravelmauth, Bug

Gravelmauth could evolve into two directions depending on the item you give to it, one item may evolve it into Gravelmore Bug/Ground and the other item may evolve it into Gravelmode Bug/Rock.
After those evolutions are complete Gravelmore and Gravelmode each have a split evolution. These work on how happy your Pokemon are, so if it's happy it evolves one way, if it's unhappy it will evolve another way. Example, Gravelmore can turn into Graveljoy Ground/Fairy or Gravelsad Ground/Dark while Gravelmode can evolve into Gravelstart Rock/Psychic or Gravelselect Rock/Steel. This is a neat concept, I like this.
#10SirPikachuPosted 7/26/2013 9:36:14 AM
I would hate it for most, it would just end up being overdesigned and ugly. The only ones I can see it for are some of the ones that got babies, like Azumarril.