This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else is gonna use Malamar?

#11EnferolunosPosted 7/26/2013 10:05:49 AM
NegaZelda posted...
Enferolunos posted...
NegaZelda posted...
Lexifox posted...
I would use it, but it'll conflict with my starter.

How? It's Dark/Psychic...

That conflicts with 2 out of 3 starters

Okay, I'm probably missing something big here, but what? Where's this?

The leak, which has been right up until now, has the final evos as grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#12LexifoxPosted 7/26/2013 10:06:02 AM
NegaZelda posted...
Enferolunos posted...
NegaZelda posted...
Lexifox posted...
I would use it, but it'll conflict with my starter.

How? It's Dark/Psychic...

That conflicts with 2 out of 3 starters

Okay, I'm probably missing something big here, but what? Where's this?

A big leak came out a while ago that claimed the starters would evolve into Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Pretty much every part of the leak has been true thus far, so most people take it as fact.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13NegaZeldaPosted 7/26/2013 10:08:52 AM
Enferolunos posted...

The leak, which has been right up until now, has the final evos as grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting

Lexifox posted...

A big leak came out a while ago that claimed the starters would evolve into Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Pretty much every part of the leak has been true thus far, so most people take it as fact.

Oh, okay. Never even heard about this. What leak is this? Well, I was gonna go with Froakie anyways so Malamar still has use. Thanks for telling though.
---
If life gives you lemons, sell 'em to Tom Nook.
#14Faust_8Posted 7/26/2013 10:09:38 AM
It doesn't conflict that much though since Malamar is only 4x weak to Bug and not weak to anything else. If you choose Fennekin, it's not even weak to Bug at all. So who cares if they share a STAB? They don't share their other ones.

Granted, Chespin would be 4x weak to Bug too...and weak to many other things as well. :/

Yeah, definitely not choosing Chespin if the leak is right, way too many weaknesses. I hope it's still badass though.

Anyway, if you don't choose Chespin, there's no conflict with Malamar besides possibly sharing one STAB.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#15LexifoxPosted 7/26/2013 10:11:03 AM
NegaZelda posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Lexifox posted...

Oh, okay. Never even heard about this. What leak is this? Well, I was gonna go with Froakie anyways so Malamar still has use. Thanks for telling though.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16MelkacPosted 7/26/2013 10:18:07 AM
I may actually use one...but I don't like having two pokémon of the same type (Pangoro, Malamar) in my team, so I dunno.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#17rage_of_destinyPosted 7/26/2013 10:23:24 AM
I'm sure I will at some point I'm just not sure if it will be in my first play through, I wanna see what else is there first.
---
3Ds FC: 4511-0641-6884
#18RaidenHeroPosted 7/26/2013 10:26:08 AM
Yes..probably..
#19VIIVincentPosted 7/26/2013 10:36:39 AM
depends if there are no other better Dar-
depends if there are no other Psy-

wait a second. no. i wont be using it. i've got the giant panda to cover Dark as well as Fighting and then if the rumors are true (not confirmed and will always be doubting it) that Fenekin evolves into Fire/Psychic so that covers Psychic so there'll be no point in using Malamar. i like to keep a balanced team to cover for most weaknesses. and even then, i have to see what its BST's are too. for example Mandibuzz is really cool. one of the better looking Flying Pokemon out there. BUT. its offensive stats are terrible.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#20ZabuzadonoPosted 7/26/2013 10:38:12 AM
I am leaning towards using it due to Contrary and Hypnosis.

It may lose out to another poke eventually, but I am leaning towards using Malamar as long as it pulls its weight. I'm just hoping it is available fairly early in the game so I can use it - unlike Deino, Pawniard and Rufflet who were available so late that I already had a team ready to go... Most things after the 6th gym I don't use in my first playthrough - my team should more or less be set by then.
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner