This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

'Canon' protagonist for B/W?

#1dontneedanamePosted 7/26/2013 1:48:00 PM
Since the other boards are dead... who do you think would be the most fitting storywise for a canon protagonist in B/W1 & 2?
Hilda or Hilbert? Nate or Rosa?
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/26/2013 1:48:44 PM
I don't know about the originals, but for BW2 it's probably Nate
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3rocknroller365Posted 7/26/2013 1:52:23 PM
It'd be nice if at least one of them was female, but I bet it'd be Hilbert and Nate.
#4LexifoxPosted 7/26/2013 1:53:57 PM
Considering that HG/SS forgot that Leaf exists, and the BW2 thing focused on Nate...

Just assume the male PC is the canon one.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5TheFairyTrainerPosted 7/26/2013 1:58:37 PM
I'd like to think Hilda for Black and White because honestly because I ship that with N. Although they'll probably just go with male because it's default and say he's searching for N because he admires his strength or something silly like that
In black and white 2, honestly I don't have much of a bias or preference, but from that trailer it seems like Nate was the main character(He had Emboar, and Goku had Samurott, while Rosa had Serperior :P)
---
BMOXBubble S support
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QgmT5wbeg
#6Ari917Posted 7/26/2013 2:00:28 PM
Theoretically, due to the parallel storylines presented, it's possible to have both between the two. At least, that's how I personally see it.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#7dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 2:01:33 PM
Yeah, the general consensus and the trailer points more towards Nate, but still not sure about B/W1. I'm leaning towards Hilbert, since whenever there's a trio of heroes, it's always 2 male/1 female.
#8FenriLokiPosted 7/26/2013 2:04:33 PM
There isn't one. There are two parallel "universes" in Gen V - one where the player hero catches Reshiram, and one where they catch Zekrom.

If you had to force one, I'd follow the Manga, so the canon would be Hilbert and Pokemon Black.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#9pyrotempestwingPosted 7/26/2013 2:07:34 PM
Hilda and Nate.

Also, it's not like we've seen May, Brendan, Dawn, or Lucas since their games. People just tend to assume May and Dawn are canon due to the anime.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.
#10dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 2:17:17 PM
FenriLoki posted...
There isn't one. There are two parallel "universes" in Gen V - one where the player hero catches Reshiram, and one where they catch Zekrom.

If you had to force one, I'd follow the Manga, so the canon would be Hilbert and Pokemon Black.

This is where it gets a little complicating because in the anime, Bianca has Tepig, which means that Hilbert had to of picked Oshawott. In the manga, Hilbert chose Tepig. But Nate also picks Tepig according to the trailer.
I can't see them both picking Tepig.... that'd just be too boring.
-