This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did GF insist on having 3 bipedal rhino's in gen 1?

#41Aladdin2557Posted 7/27/2013 12:11:54 AM
Pikachu is also a rhino but like an electric rhino or something
#42jobacohuePosted 7/27/2013 12:53:58 AM
Dragonite has a horn too. I guess there's 4 bipedal rhino's.
---
Official everything of everything.
#43PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 2:16:30 AM
Aladdin2557 posted...
Pikachu is also a rhino but like an electric rhino or something

Incorrect, as the "chu" part means mouse in Japanese (I think)

jobacohue posted...
Dragonite has a horn too. I guess there's 4 bipedal rhino's.

Is the horn not on TOP of its head, rather than facing forwards from its face? Since when can rhino's have wings? Also its name clearly says it as a dragon/.
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#44kaiser ryuPosted 7/27/2013 3:23:56 AM
Good lord people flock to appeal to ridicule quickly. How does Nidorino not look like it drew inspiration from thick skinned bipedal horned mammals in real life? How is it a reach to say that rhinos may be among such things used for visual inspiration? Why is the portmanteau of nido and rhino not a fair enough allusion to it's real world inspiration in the context of other observations you can make about the Pokemon's appearance?

Pikachu looks as far from a mouse as Nidorino does from a Rhino, let's all ridicule anyone who attempts to observe it being an electric mouse! Because mice are all fat and football shaped, right? Because mice have flat zig-zag tails, right? Because mice have bright red electrically conductive pouches on their cheeks, right?

To say that an observation concerning a Pokemon's name being a possible portmanteau means that the person making that remark likely thinks then that all Pokemon names must be the same, then moving on to mock that fallacious notion by then misrepresenting it further is just beyond nonconstructive.

Anyway, to the topic question I'd say... rhinos look cool, so why not?
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#45Grammar_manPosted 7/27/2013 3:38:32 AM
Nidoking is based on Baragon from Godzilla, who itself drew inspriration from rabbits and rhinoes.
#46Aladdin2557Posted 7/27/2013 5:03:17 AM
Nidoking is a rabbit
#47PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 7:49:48 AM
paipr posted...
while i choose to ignore the suggestion that the nido's are rhino's i will point out that GF did make several quadrupedal pokemon stand up in there final forms. something they continue to do. which is a shame since many of these pokemon dont have representatives that are fully evolved and quadrupedal.

no fully evolved quad rhino
no fully evolved quad alligator

to mention a few. we really do need more 3stage lines that dont end with a quadrupedal pokemon that stays quadrupedal

Yea wow I never payed much attention to this being a thing really. However the oshawott line was backwards, Starting as a bipedal otter abd ending as a quadrupedal one. But yea I do want to see quadrupedal gator/crocs, abd rhinos
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#48RX0megaPosted 7/27/2013 7:55:26 AM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Because, you know Rhinos have horns on the top of their heads, huge ears, long tails and are purple.

Durant isn't based on an ant CONFIRMED!
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
#49Hardcore74LeoPosted 7/27/2013 9:39:36 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Squirtle is a tortise

And idk, only ones I can think of that pupate are flies, and mosquitos and lady bugs

Praying mantids, don't

Seeing as tortoises tend to have as little to do with water as possible I highly doubt squirtle is a tortoise. While it's easy to be confused what with blastoise being based on a tortoise, squirtle and wartortle are turtle pokemon.
#50Aladdin2557Posted 7/27/2013 9:50:41 AM(edited)
Mewtwo is a cat wtf