This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did GF insist on having 3 bipedal rhino's in gen 1?

#51PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 9:25:20 AM
Hardcore74Leo posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Squirtle is a tortise

And idk, only ones I can think of that pupate are flies, and mosquitos and lady bugs

Praying mantids, don't

Seeing as tortoises tend to have as little to do with water as possible I highly doubt squirtle is a tortoise. While it's easy to be confused what with blastoise being based on a tortoise, squirtle and wartortle are turtle pokemon.

Not really
I have 2 sulcata toroises and they love them some water. It is a requirement to let them bathe and as a matter of fact they can hold their breathe underwater for extremely long
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#52Hardcore74LeoPosted 7/27/2013 9:30:16 AM
Hardcore74Leo posted...
Squirtle is a tortise

And idk, only ones I can think of that pupate are flies, and mosquitos and lady bugs

Praying mantids, don't

Seeing as tortoises tend to have as little to do with water as possible I highly doubt squirtle is a tortoise. While it's easy to be confused what with blastoise being based on a tortoise, squirtle and wartortle are turtle pokemon.

Not really
I have 2 sulcata toroises and they love them some water. It is a requirement to let them bathe and as a matter of fact they can hold their breathe underwater for extremely long

Interesting little bit of information. I don't know much about them in general other than desert tortoises don't like water haha.

Unfortunately doesn't change that squirtle and wartortle are turtles.
#53Joebot800Posted 7/27/2013 9:53:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54Joebot800Posted 7/27/2013 9:57:51 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Nidorino has a lot of rhinocerous features, the horn, ears, standing on all fours. When it evolves it becomes a bipedal rhino. Same exact thing with rhyhorn and don but it is widley more accepted.

The tyranitar being a tarantula makes no sense, it has no arachnid features at all

Are rhinos purple? No?

And Tyranitar pupates, reminiscent of most insects. Yes, I know tarantulas are not insects. But this is Pokémon; we have turtles evolving into tortoises and salamanders ending up as wannabe dragons.

Do horses breathe fire? Do mice conduct electricity? Do starfish have psychic powers? It's just a game. It doesn't have to make sense.
#55AinodehnaPosted 7/27/2013 10:05:47 AM
Grammar_man posted...
Nidoking is based on Baragon from Godzilla, who itself drew inspriration from rabbits and rhinoes.

this, it's painfully obvious
---
GSW
#56PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:09:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57pikachu6598Posted 7/27/2013 10:12:14 AM
The way I see it: Nidoking=Nidoqueen=Rhydon=Rhyperior=Aggron
---
There's a 95% chance this topic is unfunny. Deal with it.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/18/Emerald_Pike_Queen_Lucy.png Her beauty is a poison.
#58reaverzPosted 7/27/2013 12:20:36 PM
There's this monster build that has this name in Japanese that I can't remember, but it's supposed to be reminiscent of Godzilla. A pattern seen in Pokemon is that those with this build have highly extensive movepools, with access to many elemental attacks (even if they're weak to the move). Rhydon, the Nidos, Kangaskhan, Marowak (to an extent), Tyranitar, Aggron, Rampardos, and Rhyperior all fall under this monster build.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#59dearestnightPosted 7/27/2013 12:29:24 PM
His logic is sound. It explains a lot.

Pal-Kia: Your best friends car. This is why his dex entry refers to it as having "The power to influence people's overall driving lives by questioning common design, option, and technology through new and unique vision."
#60PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 7/27/2013 12:46:28 PM
Ohhhh man pokemaniacs get me with their analness on classifying pokemon.

Obviously the Nidos aren't Rhinos. Then what are they? Nothing, there is no real world analog. Do they resemble anything IRL? Sure! They vaguely resemble a bipedal rhino! DERP SEMANTICS

The thing is that all the animals within the pokeverse ARE pokemon! So, rather than Squirtle being a "turtle or tortoise" pokemon..... he's a SQUIRTLE pokemon as they have no other turtles to compare him to.

Basically, the story is flawed in that everyone knows the basic types and species of animals (which don't exist) and apply them as descriptors for pokemon.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Tortoise_vs_Turtle

So really people, does any of this matter? Is Squirtle a turtle and Blastoise a tortoise? Or is he both? Blastoise fits tortoise far more than turtle, and squirtle fits turtle.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.