This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most linear and non-linear Pokemon games?

#21EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/27/2013 4:50:15 AM
I think the most linear pokemon game (not region) is pokemon XD gale of darkness.
---
What's worse than getting dumped?
Being forced to listen to some 10 year old rage in his mic on BO2.
#22surferguy7Posted 7/27/2013 4:55:37 AM
BW Unova is easily the most linear. Luckily, they shook it up in B/W2 with a ton of optional areas and routes, not to mention the path was no longer a straight line.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#23EmeraldRangePosted 7/27/2013 5:59:00 AM
The most linear is (duh!) BW. BW2 and Emerald have about the same linearity closely followed by Platinum. Red is a bit behind and is slightly less non-linear than Gold due to the fact that the path is includes a fly back to Pallet. Gold allows a lot of free access and the Sudowoodo makes everything long-winded and not to mention that at Ecruteak you a choice of either path. Blackthorn to New Bark is an optional route and for the second half of the game, you are free to access any part of Kanto
---
Don't read this sentence.
#24ElectricNovaPosted 7/27/2013 6:12:29 AM
Linearity is not a problem, so who cares.

Linear
Non Linear
Neither is better

You can be too linear if there are just endless hallways
You can be too non linear if you get lost all the time and don't know where the f**k to go.

Linear keeps being used as an excuse to hate on games now, when it's simply another stylistic choice.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#25Rook_the_RangerPosted 7/27/2013 7:44:19 AM
I must not remember Sinnoh very well. Everyone keeps saying it's non-linear, but I remember it being linear.