This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is your most random playthrough?

#1Hardcore74LeoPosted 7/26/2013 7:48:17 PM
So I know a lot of people like to do the Nuzlocke challenge, I just want to know what has been each persons most random playthrough of a pokemon game.

For example:
In Sapphire I did a playthrough only using Swampert and Dustox from start to finish.

I'm just interested in seeing what challenges people set for themselves other than the typical Nuzlocke or using only a certain type.
#2LightningHawk90Posted 7/26/2013 7:49:35 PM
I just did a Farfetch'd solo run.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3Hardcore74Leo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 7:52:07 PM
RageKaiser posted...

How was that? And what was the level of difficulty on a scale of 1-10?
#4Hedgehog_KnightPosted 7/26/2013 8:47:11 PM
The save battery on my Gold Version died, so when I was injured and had nothing better to do, I attempted several runs, trying to see how far I could get in one sitting. I think I managed to get as far as Ecruteak City. I had a ton of fun using Pokemon that I wouldn't normally choose, like Dunsparce.

I definitely need to buy additional copies of my Pokemon games at some point.
---
"All stopped too... If we have no magic stick, it will be the same thing." - Zac - PuLiRuLa
#5LightningHawk90Posted 7/26/2013 8:48:00 PM
Hardcore74Leo posted...
RageKaiser posted...

I'd say it was about a 7.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#6Holy_OrangesPosted 7/26/2013 8:51:25 PM
Hedgehog_Knight posted...
The save battery on my Gold Version died, so when I was injured and had nothing better to do, I attempted several runs, trying to see how far I could get in one sitting. I think I managed to get as far as Ecruteak City. I had a ton of fun using Pokemon that I wouldn't normally choose, like Dunsparce.

I definitely need to buy additional copies of my Pokemon games at some point.

Same thing happened to my Gold version when I was a kid. I got sick and couldn't do anything else, so I sat down and played nonstop. I actually got halfway through Kanto in one run.
---
Come join us at the Infamous Second Son board, one of the most anticipated PS4 Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704525-infamous-second-son
#7Hardcore74Leo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:52:28 PM
RageKaiser posted...
Hardcore74Leo posted...
RageKaiser posted...

I'd say it was about a 7.

How was it enjoyment wise?
#8thesunscenterPosted 7/26/2013 8:54:15 PM
play through the game with 6 pre-evolved mons of my competitve team starting at lv. 5, only swapping them out for HM slaves when necessary.

my friend hacked them (legally of course) and traded them to be. it was probably my most fun playthrough cuz i didn't have to worry about stupid natures and IVs and EVs that kinda kill you inside (like when you get a stupid modest tepig or something like that).
---
i'm the center.
#9Hardcore74Leo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:57:33 PM
thesunscenter posted...
play through the game with 6 pre-evolved mons of my competitve team starting at lv. 5, only swapping them out for HM slaves when necessary.

my friend hacked them (legally of course) and traded them to be. it was probably my most fun playthrough cuz i didn't have to worry about stupid natures and IVs and EVs that kinda kill you inside (like when you get a stupid modest tepig or something like that).

As a non competitive player I myself haven't worried about the ev and iv or even nature of the pokemon. But I'm glad that you found a playthrough that you thoroughly enjoyed! Did you find it more challenging than a typical playthrough you go through?
#10TherianReturnsPosted 7/26/2013 8:57:57 PM
Did a bunch of those when I had to get legends for gen 4 and 5. 'Therianlockes' as it were. Basically I create a team of random six Pokemon, and they're not allowed to faint.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y