This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Pokemon do you think didn't need an evo?

#11chubawakePosted 7/26/2013 10:01:30 PM
Rhydon by far, in both design and stats. I don't think Dusclops needed one either, though I probably wouldn't have minded as much if Banette got one as well.

Porygon-Z is just confusing to me; its stats are nothing like Porygon2, and the BST isn't much higher. I get the whole corrupt data thing, but why not just make it a Porygon alternate evolution with a slightly lower BST? I guess it makes sense in its own way, but it still bothers me...
---
But hey, that's just me.
#12CrazyChicken2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 10:03:37 PM
I liked how Pokémon like Kirlia and Snorunt got different evolution choices but having certain Pokémon evolve (Rhydon for ex.) just makes Pokémon that were fine and nostalgic completely obsolete. Just my opinion though.
---
PSN ID: MegaAwesomeCat
Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, SoulCalibur, Silent Hill, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros.
#13X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/26/2013 10:03:56 PM
chubawake posted...
Rhydon by far, in both design and stats. I don't think Dusclops needed one either, though I probably wouldn't have minded as much if Banette got one as well.

Porygon-Z is just confusing to me; its stats are nothing like Porygon2, and the BST isn't much higher. I get the whole corrupt data thing, but why not just make it a Porygon alternate evolution with a slightly lower BST? I guess it makes sense in its own way, but it still bothers me...

But... Dusknoir looks better than Dusclops
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#14LexifoxPosted 7/26/2013 10:05:06 PM
Rhyperior always kinda struck me as superfluous.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#15Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/26/2013 10:05:12 PM
Dusclops

Eviolite makes it better than Dusknoir, which isn't saying much, since both of them suck
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#16AysanderPosted 7/26/2013 10:06:53 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
chubawake posted...

And Dusknoir in most cases is potentially better than Eviolite Dusclops unless you've got it built solely for support...

Still don't get the hate for most of the gen 4 evo's. I think it's mostly nostalgia crap again, though. I started w/ gen 1, too, but honestly...the ONLY gen 4 evo I truly dislike is Rhyperior...

Not because of stats. Not because Eviolite Rhydon is better. Not even because of RIDE THAT SURF from stadium games....

It's solely b/c off Rhydon's pokedex entry.
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#17chubawakePosted 7/26/2013 10:11:06 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...

I agree; I just don't like that Banette was neglected when it could've used an evolution as well.
---
But hey, that's just me.
#18Dragoon StarPosted 7/26/2013 10:16:06 PM
Just looked up all these evolutions and I stopped playing at G/S. Darn what were they thinking. The design is completely off from the cool one's from Gen 1. They all just look fatter and weird.
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice. Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand. Including me. - Dawn and Dusk
#19Firemaster5Posted 7/26/2013 10:19:02 PM
The eviolite factor wouldn't even work if they didn't have a following evolution.
---
"Sorry to be frank but if you were interested in JRPGs and bought a 360 only then you flat out chose the wrong system."-Thamauturge
#20CrazyChicken2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 11:05:28 PM
I vote for more evo paths/choices (ex. slowbro/slowking, politoed/poliwrath, etc.)
---
PSN ID: MegaAwesomeCat
Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, SoulCalibur, Silent Hill, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros.