This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old Abilities or Moves you want to see changed a bit?

#1Luigi playerPosted 7/27/2013 6:57:57 AM
Sturdy was changed, and some attacks got stronger/accuracy changed. Stuff like that.

I'd like to see Glaciate get stronger, because it's pretty much useless (it isn't completely useless per say, but it's not worth losing a moveslot for).
Maybe up to 100 BP, although that could be too strong. I'm hoping for at least 80 BP though (even though Ice Beam would still be better in that case >_< even if it was 90... ugh, just make it 100!).

I want to see Defeatist changed. I don't know why they felt like needing to nerf Archeops. It's good and all, but all legends/pseudolegends have better BST, and not to mention Archeops is frail as it is already.
At least make it only weaker at 33 % health...

Slow Start could be changed to only 3 or 4 turns as well, since Regigigas is complete trash otherwise (it probably would still be if it was 4 turns). It's movepool sucks as an attacker, so it can only really be used as a wall (that doesn't resist anything but Ghost...), but it can't even learn protect or rest. They really made sure it wasn't too good... lol...

I also hope the Sheer Force + Life Orb combo will still work to not take damage, but I kinda doubt it, unless they notice it (I can't think of a reason why they would want it to work that way, so they'd probably remove it if they knew about it).

Maybe make Solid Rock resist 30/33 % instead of 25.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#2raazychxPosted 7/27/2013 7:00:34 AM(edited)
Yo mamma's so fat her Splash attacks actually do damage!

EDIT: Splash should do damage based on weight.
EDIT2: Wailord becomes uber based on this alone.
#3paiprPosted 7/27/2013 7:20:29 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing some changes to old abilities and moves. not sure to what extent though. one thing that sometimes makes me sad is seeing so much of the old get "ignored" in favor of the new. old stuff needs some re balancing sometimes.

oh and i 100% agree that archeops' nerf with defeatest was silly. maybe instead of halving both attack stats it could half just one? also lets give archeops a not so crappy ability.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#4myusernametakenPosted 7/27/2013 7:22:03 AM
Glaciate - 100bp 95acc, always lowers speed, doesn't see this as being OP as **** on a decent pokeon. 80bp, always lowers speed, thinks it would be worse than Ice beam.

Seriously OP, what are you on, that crap would be amazing. Look at low sweep on technicition Breloom, it's an awesome move, making anything that switches in, risk being slower than Breloom. Breloom has 70 speed, meaning it doesn't often outspeed anything, making it risky to use in the first place. Shove your 80bp glaciate on something with decent speed, but not amazing (like the pokemon it's on, or something slightly faster) and it could just fire off a glaciate on something that it would threaten, and anything that comes in is now slower than you, and you can now finish with the right move.

It would pretty much murder the chance of a choice scarfer coming in, hoping to outspeed you and take you out.
---
3DS FC: 5086-1311-0466
#5SorceressTharjaPosted 7/27/2013 7:32:26 AM
myusernametaken posted...
Shove your 80bp glaciate on something with decent speed.

Only Kyurem learns it, with 95 speed.
#6MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/27/2013 7:37:55 AM
Sandstream/Drizzle/Drought/Hail - When the pokemon that uses the ability is switched out/faints the weather fades out about 3 turns later (works like tail wind once the user is no longer on the field)

Steath Rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes - Fades after a few turns

Rapid Spin - knocks entry hazards/leech seeds on the opponent field/pokemon
#7JoJoX200Posted 7/27/2013 7:41:51 AM
SorceressTharja posted...

Tbh, I'd use it on Kyurem. While its typing holds it back, its speed does too.

Anyway, on topic: I'd like to see Keen Eye changed a bit. Not being able to lose accuracy is great and all, but an addition like not being affected by increased evasion or an inherent accuracy boost like Compoundeyes would be nice.

Illuminate could use an inbattle effect. Pickup got one in BW, so why not this ability too?
#8myusernametakenPosted 7/27/2013 7:52:06 AM
SorceressTharja posted...

95 speed is almost perfect for it. 109+ would be better, but 95 is still good enough.

Even if it wasn't, the complaint would be with the move, but the pokemon using it.
---
3DS FC: 5086-1311-0466
#9White_QueenPosted 7/27/2013 9:02:58 AM
Wonder Guard needs to include Magic Guard's effects in it.
#10Luigi player(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 9:06:21 AM
Glaciate - 100bp 95acc, always lowers speed, doesn't see this as being OP as **** on a decent pokeon. 80bp, always lowers speed, thinks it would be worse than Ice beam.

Seriously OP, what are you on, that crap would be amazing. Look at low sweep on technicition Breloom, it's an awesome move, making anything that switches in, risk being slower than Breloom. Breloom has 70 speed, meaning it doesn't often outspeed anything, making it risky to use in the first place. Shove your 80bp glaciate on something with decent speed, but not amazing (like the pokemon it's on, or something slightly faster) and it could just fire off a glaciate on something that it would threaten, and anything that comes in is now slower than you, and you can now finish with the right move.

It would pretty much murder the chance of a choice scarfer coming in, hoping to outspeed you and take you out.

Obviously. Kyurem has lots of weaknesses and Steel is really strong against it.
Ice Beam isn't broken on it, and the other moves wouldn't help. If Glaciate was 80 BP not many would use it, because you almost always want to do more damage. The speed drop doesn't help as much as you think.

In case of a scarf user, they will still almost always be faster than Kyurem, because it's almost always very fast Pokemon using them.

Brelooms Low Sweep is pretty much useless for lowering the speed as far as I have experienced.

The Pokemon that can beat Breloom are either:
- faster and already in battle (and not too frail)
- walls where both of it's STABS are NVE (or Gliscor who also can't be put to sleep), and walls are usually slow anyway

Nobody would switch in a fast Pokemon on Breloom, unless you want it to take the Spore, or it resists both STABS easily and you already have someone it put to sleep.

You only care if Breloom is faster when it switches in on you, or on the first turn where you pretty much always have to use a faster Pokemon that can beat it so nothing will be put to sleep ( = OHKO'd) so easily.

I only switch in Pokemon on Breloom that can take it's hits easily, or something dies anyway from Mach Punch.

Now with Kyurem, the speed drop is almost the same with it's 95 base speed. If it had more than that would be pretty good.

But if you have Glaciate with 80 BP.... what other moves would you use? There are many sets for Kyurem. Substitute Roost set would only have one more attack (I always go for Earth Power because it gives the most coverage). If you don't use substitue, every team will kill it with Scizors Bullet Punch anyway. (and Scizor doesn't care about a speed drop)

Basically everyone who cares about a speed drop will probably not be switching in on Kyurem anyway, because they're fast (which equals frail very often).

Kyurem wouldn't want to waste a moveslot for a weaker move than Ice Beam. And it certainly won't use both, because it needs all the coverage it has (and sometimes wants sub, roost, or something else too).

If it isn't at least as strong as Ice Beam it would almost all the time be inferior, because you want the extra power. I guess with 85 and up it's debateable and you can create sets that utilize it, but just 80... nah, it won't even kill the stuff you want to kill with your ice attack...
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/