This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genesect will effect this game's Metagame?

#1pokemonzeroPosted 7/27/2013 9:57:24 AM
How do you think it'll effect the Uber Metagame in Pokemon X/Y? - Results (40 votes)
None(The combo will be banned from Uber)
12.5% (5 votes)
Alot(Now every Uber team will have one)
32.5% (13 votes)
Not much(Still not too OP)
42.5% (17 votes)
None(It has better sets already)
12.5% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Filler
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#2Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/27/2013 10:22:08 AM
he will probably be put in OU for a little bit at the start of XY
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#3Hanon623Posted 7/27/2013 10:26:33 AM
Shift gear is +1 +2 for atk and speed right? If it was the other way around sure it'd be difficult but i don't see the current as stronger than extremekiller, it has no stab and even with download in consideration it's still weaker. The only benefit is it's faster but extremespeed is +2 priority regardless, it's an answer to extremekiller but isn't much better than simply using a ghost i don't think it's broken enough to be banned from uber
#4Luigi playerPosted 7/27/2013 10:31:34 AM
It's already in the Uber tier so it doesn't matter anything. There are a lot stronger Pokemon than it in there.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#5pokemonzero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:35:37 AM
Hanon623 posted...
Shift gear is +1 +2 for atk and speed right? If it was the other way around sure it'd be difficult but i don't see the current as stronger than extremekiller, it has no stab and even with download in consideration it's still weaker. The only benefit is it's faster but extremespeed is +2 priority regardless, it's an answer to extremekiller but isn't much better than simply using a ghost i don't think it's broken enough to be banned from uber

After 1 round of setup and Download being Physical it might as well have
BST 240 Attack and 188 Speed
Arceus BST Speed 120 + Scarf x1.5=180

After 1 Shift Gear Genesect outruns a scarved Arceus and has 1.5 to double Arceus's attack
---
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 7/27/2013 11:24:43 AM
In between a little and a lot.
I don't think EVERY team will have one, but I think it'll be even more useful than it already was.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#7Hanon623Posted 7/27/2013 11:33:07 AM
Genesect is faster with the boost that's already known why would extremekiller use scarf though? I was comparing it's sd set since that's a boosting set to a boosting set, arceus is due to stab and the plus 2 stronger than genesect who only has the plus 2. Being slower is irrelevant as extremespeed is plus 2 regardless in a fight genesect would win, but that much is obvious since genesect resists espeed anyway i don't see a faster weaker extremekiller being that broken.
#8yzmanPosted 7/27/2013 11:41:29 AM
Things don't get banned out of uber. Thats the point of uber, its broken stuff.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#9Thepenguinking2Posted 7/27/2013 1:58:08 PM
yzman posted...
Things don't get banned out of uber. Thats the point of uber, its broken stuff.

Chatot.
Moody.
---
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!