This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how about GF make E4 with gyms puzzles?

#1AlphaDiamondPosted 7/27/2013 10:46:55 AM
let me explain. i understand that Pokemon League is the final goal and they must make it impressive, but somehow i feel that it's not that funny when we compare it with Gyms. yeah, you fight against the most powerful trainers, but that's all you do, while in gyms you have puzzles to solve in order to access the leader.

my idea: you are faced in front of a elevator which gives you the option to access 5 floors, that means, 1 for each E4 and 1 for the Champion. you'd say "then you can directly access the Champion". well, i'm not over. in order to access the Champion, you need 4 keys, given to you by E4 when you defeat them, so you have to go to the other floors and defeat them (as it happened with gen V, with the elevator you are given the option to choose the order of your fights). in each floor you find a labyrinth (with decoration based on the type of the E4) and, after going through the labyrinth, you face the E4, who is, like in gen V, in some kind of altar/stadium waiting for you. (of course, all of this without other trainers, it's not a gym after all).

moreover, if you say "i don't want to go through the labyrinth every time i face E4", don't worry. once you defeat the Champion for the first time, you are given direct access to the E4 without the need to go through the labyrinth. so, if you want, you can directly fight them, but if you want to have some fun, you can go through the labyrinth
#2p00platysPosted 7/27/2013 11:32:56 AM
What would be the point of this, other than wasting our time?

Unless it has negative impacts on you for doing something wrong (which would be an even worse idea), I don't see the point.
#3AlphaDiamond(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 1:21:18 PM
was there also a point in making puzzles in gyms? no, but most gyms (not all) have their puzzles: everything can't be just "fight,fight,fight", there should be something more to test you, that's how i see it.
#4GBeastMegamanBXPosted 7/27/2013 1:25:14 PM
The Elite Four having gym puzzles would defeat the point of Victory Road, which is intended to be the final challenge before the Pokemon League.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#5xXFlam1ng_N1nJaPosted 7/27/2013 1:30:48 PM
p00platys posted...
What would be the point of this, other than wasting our time?

Unless it has negative impacts on you for doing something wrong (which would be an even worse idea), I don't see the point.

That's my logic exactly. That's why I use action replays. Why bother with the pointless leveling and playing when you can get anything instantly? There is no point to doing anything in pokemon.

/sarcasm
---
No one cares what you're currently playing or what games you look forward to.
#6AsdfYunsungfdsAPosted 7/27/2013 1:46:01 PM
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
The Elite Four having gym puzzles would defeat the point of Victory Road, which is intended to be the final challenge before the Pokemon League.

This is what I think.
---
Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thecrazyazn
#7SpiderLanternPosted 7/27/2013 2:08:13 PM
I like the way it's been. Makes more sense. The gym leaders are testing you, making sure you are worthy of entering the pokemon league. The E4 just sitting there in a room seems cool to me. Like they're just waiting, almost saying, "Okay you made it, now bring it." The test is over now it's serious.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#8p00platysPosted 7/27/2013 2:23:58 PM
xXFlam1ng_N1nJa posted...
That's my logic exactly. That's why I use action replays. Why bother with the pointless leveling and playing when you can get anything instantly? There is no point to doing anything in pokemon.

/sarcasm

That's... nice, I guess. Except what exactly would doing this add to the game, other than pointless time to my overall play time?

AlphaDiamond posted...
was there also a point in making puzzles in gyms? no, but most gyms (not all) have their puzzles: everything can't be just "fight,fight,fight", there should be something more to test you, that's how i see it.

The gyms have trainers scattered throughout these puzzles, which you said wouldn't be in these E4 puzzles you propose.

And what would this test you on, exactly? Your ability not to get stuck in a puzzle? Why should the E4 care about your ability to solve puzzles?
#9KajagogoPosted 7/27/2013 3:40:14 PM
Why should the E4 care about your ability to solve puzzles?

Exactly, so why have them? Silly rabbit, puzzles are for gyms.
#10EnferolunosPosted 7/27/2013 3:44:10 PM
Personally, I feel like that would hurt the momentum of the E4, but I probably wouldn't be too upset if they did actually put them in
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!