This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played on showdown for my first time in competetive battling

#11MagneticSparkPosted 7/27/2013 1:59:10 PM
Why are you playing CAP? you should try Ou or UU since they are the easiest to learn (imo)

Donphan is only good at sun teams, graveler sucks, haxorus is like a weaker kyurem-b without a SR and bullet punch weakness.

poison touch toxicroak is bad, dry skin is much better. your team also lacks a dragon resist.

for your first competitive team its not THAT bad, my first team was much worse (i had a perish trapper jynx lmao)
#12agentkb2001Posted 7/27/2013 2:01:13 PM
let him battle how he wants to battle..
---
R.I.P. Richard Pryor,The greatest.
President of the Red Ghost Motorcycle Club (GTA)
#13RoobitysuPosted 7/27/2013 2:02:24 PM
agentkb2001 posted...
let him battle how he wants to battle..

Considering he asked for help, I think you're just upset.
---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Adelle.png I draw lolis :D https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/IsawaKiyokoAlternate.png
#14Lucidious89Posted 7/27/2013 3:53:08 PM
I was with you up until...Graveler o_O

Your first few Pokemon just need tweaking, but Graveler is just...lol. Why not just use Golem? Not that Golem is even good, but still...
#15MickeyRocksaPosted 7/27/2013 4:28:40 PM
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll

dang he just got swept
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me 1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrTu7fT1FY
#16SirPikachuPosted 7/27/2013 4:48:29 PM
MagneticSpark posted...
Why are you playing CAP? you should try Ou or UU since they are the easiest to learn (imo)

Donphan is only good at sun teams, graveler sucks, haxorus is like a weaker kyurem-b without a SR and bullet punch weakness.

poison touch toxicroak is bad, dry skin is much better. your team also lacks a dragon resist.

for your first competitive team its not THAT bad, my first team was much worse (i had a perish trapper jynx lmao)

Ii's incredibly stupid for that abomination black Kyreum to be OU. It just pains me to think about, and I would never even think about using it.
#17sonicfanaticjtbPosted 7/27/2013 8:18:49 PM
91UKGamer posted...
and I won my second battle. Here's the replay:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/cap-41459209

Is my team alright do you think? Just to make sure you know what it is, they are:

Gyarados

Ability - Moxie
Nature - Adamant
EVs - Attack and Speed 252, HP 4
Held Item - Expert Belt
Moves - Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake and Dragon Dance

Donphan

Ability - Sturdy
Nature - Adamant
EVs - HP and Attack 252, Special Defense 4
Held Item - Leftovers
Moves - Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Poison Jab and Stealth Rocks

Toxicroak

Ability - Poison Touch
Nature - Adamant
Held Item - Black Sludge
Moves - Fake Out, Drain Punch, Payback and Swords Dance

Graveler

Ability - Rock Head
Nature - Adamant
Held Item - Life Orb
Moves - Defense Curl, Rollout, Fire Punch and Autotomize

Haxourus

Ability - Rivalry
Nature - Adamant
EVs - Attack 252, Speed 220, HP 36
Held Item - Haban Berry
Moves - Dragon Dance, Outrage, Rock Slide and Toxic

Venusaur

Ability - Chlorophyll
Nature - Hasty
EVs - HP and Speed 252, Attack 4
Held Item - Big Root
Moves - Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Leech Seed and Return

Replace Ice Fang with Bounce on Gyarados. Bounce gives Gyarados a secondary stab move to use on water types and what not. While Expert Belt is by no means a bad item, Life Orb would be better do to giving Gyarados a power boost without relying on hitting someone super effectively.

Replace Poison Jab with either Stone Edge or Head Smash on Donphan. Poison is only a decent offensive typing if you get STAB off it and aren't in a tier filled with Steel types, I'm afraid. With either Stone Edge or Head Smash, Donphan gets the extremely common (for good reason ) EdgeQuake combo. I've never cared for having both Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock on Donphan, though it does work. You could replace one of the moves for Ice Shard, which gives Donphan a priority move to revenge with.

Change Toxicroak's ability for Dry Skin. Dry Skin's a really good ability which gives Toxicroak a water immunity and heals him in the rain. The tradeoff is being weak to fire attacks, but that's no big deal. Replace Payback and Fake Out with Sucker Punch and Ice Punch. Sucker Punch keeps the dark type coverage (Fighting + Dark = either perfect or near perfect neutral coverage ) while being stronger and giving Toxicroak the always useful priority, and Ice Punch gives Toxicroak Ice type coverage. Replace Black Sludge with Life Orb to give a boost in power

Chane Rivalry with Mold Breaker on Haxorus. Rivalry is extremely gimmicky and Mold Breaker is just all 'round better. Outrage, Earthquake, and Low Kick are the moves you want for offense, and while Haban berry ain't bad, I think dragon attacks still kill ya, so you may want to change your item. The berry that gets rid of status is usually good for setup sweepers since status can make your setup useless (in fact, you could use that for your Gyarados as well. ), the berry that weakens super effective ice attacks is good to, since you could maybe survive an ice attack. Of course, there's always Life Orb to make you hit harder. You wanna max out your speed and attack, so go with the standard 252/252/4 setup.

Graveler (and his evo ) aren't very viable in OU, so remove him. I'm sot sure that Venasaur really fits your team either. Also, my best advice to ya as someone that plays competitively from time to time, is know the tier. Know what's common and what not.
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
#1891UKGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 1:26:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll revise a bit more on the team and use some of your suggestions (e.g. use Dry Skin for Toxicroak instead of Poison Touch, Replace Graveler (maybe with Golem), modify the movesets and items etc). I'll post what the team looks like after I've changed it so you can say if it's better or needs work still.
---
3DS Friend Code - 0962-9363-1392
#19RTC3Posted 7/28/2013 5:36:48 AM
smogon.com
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#20Ether_SwordPosted 7/28/2013 7:18:47 AM
91UKGamer posted...
I didn't know which tier Graveler was in because I couldn't find him in any of the lists and I wanted to use a Rock type Pokémon. Also, this was only my second battle ever in competitive that's why it seems like I am not very good.

I don't think you understand how tier lists work, anything under OU tier can be used in OU. Surely you don't think Golem is Uber tier right?