This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think there will be a gen 3 remake on the 3DS?

#21hellslingerPosted 7/28/2013 10:09:27 AM
It's going to happen, why? Because Gamefreak loves money and it would sell.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#22DrinkFloridaOJPosted 7/28/2013 12:08:38 PM
In my opinion, the only reason they remade R/G and G/S is because you couldn't transfer your pokemon by any means to the newest generation from those games. You can still transfer pokemon from the 3rd gen all the way to 5th gen. So I doubt they're going to do a remake of R/S. Would be cool, but I doubt it.
#23wheeling_gamerPosted 7/28/2013 12:20:14 PM
DrinkFloridaOJ posted...
In my opinion, the only reason they remade R/G and G/S is because you couldn't transfer your pokemon by any means to the newest generation from those games. You can still transfer pokemon from the 3rd gen all the way to 5th gen. So I doubt they're going to do a remake of R/S. Would be cool, but I doubt it.

The problem with that line of thinking is that transferring from 3rd to 5th requires a lot. In order to transfer, one needs a regular DS (not DSI), a fourth-generation game that made it to Pal Park, and two DS’s. There's also the problem of Jirachi, who specifically requires Ruby or Sapphire (not Emerald) to be available in any of those games. All of this is a lot for any player to have on them, so not everyone has access to it.

It’d be much easier for many players if the only thing required to obtain 3rd Gen Pokémon in 5th Gen was a set of 3DS’s (and maybe a special event for Jirachi). GF should release 3rd Gen remakes for practicability, if nothing else.
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#24bd43Posted 7/28/2013 12:23:27 PM
They remade HG/SS purely out of money. There was nothing missing there otherwise.

However, I think they were screwed by the 3D graphics swap. It doesn't make for easy transfer of ANY of the old titles.

So, personally, I don't see Gen 3 happening immediately either way. I wouldn't be shocked to see the remake schedule start over. Not on purpose or because that's how they want to roll it over every few years, but because it'll take a colossal effort to remodel each gen in 3D.

Hell, we may even see Gen 7 be a Kanto remake/sequel.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#25fahademonPosted 7/28/2013 12:29:27 PM
Highly possible.

zrh5033 posted...
I don't care what game they remake all I want is the followable pokemon! That should be a toggle-able option in every game after HGSS! I want my Hydreigon and eventual Yveltal to follow me around and when I click on them say Something like Hydreigon is stretching out in the tall grass!

They would be shown doing all that in 3D. :3
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Waiting for:Jump Stars Victory Vs,Pokemon X/Y,Super Smash Bros(3DS).
#26Soul_of_YveltalPosted 7/28/2013 12:45:41 PM
I believe it will be the 7th gen and you will be able to get all 3 legends in both games.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#27HipsterManPrimePosted 7/28/2013 12:47:34 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
3DS
3 DS
GEN 3 REMAKES CONFIRMED

Half life 3 comfirmed.
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.