This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my idea for improving Synchronoise.

#11X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/27/2013 6:51:52 PM
No. Mothim Slaking no. Hell no. No. No no no. NO!
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#12LexifoxPosted 7/27/2013 7:01:14 PM
GalladetheGreat posted...
Lexifox posted...
When you guys make these "fixes", do you remember to take into context that they're meant for double/triple battles and not singles?

How would Synchronoise work in one of those?

Its hits every Pokemon but the user.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#13ClassyOldHatPosted 7/27/2013 7:01:52 PM
Lexifox posted...
When you guys make these "fixes", do you remember to take into context that they're meant for double/triple battles and not singles?

When you criticize people making these fixes, do you remember to take in the context that those moves are pretty terrible even in doubles/triples? The only way this move will do ANYTHING that it can't do in singles is if your opponent's team is stacked with the same type as your user, I.E. likely unbalanced and easily beaten anyway. Considering the damage in doubles/triples is halved/thirded on an already not amazing 70 Base power, and that you can't get STAB on it without it being "Not very effective" unless it's user is dual typed, you've got a HIGHLY situational move which rarely does better than a standard move like Psychic, even in the rare circumstances is was built for.

Anyway, on topic, this suggestion just makes the move OP. If you really wanted to fix it, let it attack any pokemon you choose, and also hit pokemon of the same type at the same time in Doubles/Triples. Maybe do extra damage if the foe has the same type as the user, to make up for the damage split.
#14GalladetheGreatPosted 7/27/2013 7:03:24 PM
Lexifox posted...
GalladetheGreat posted...
Lexifox posted...

How would Synchronoise work in one of those?

Its hits every Pokemon but the user.

So do a lot of other moves. That doesn't mean they are designed for double/triple battles.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#15LexifoxPosted 7/27/2013 7:05:22 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Lexifox posted...

When you criticize people making these fixes, do you remember to take in the context that those moves are pretty terrible even in doubles/triples? The only way this move will do ANYTHING that it can't do in singles is if your opponent's team is stacked with the same type as your user, I.E. likely unbalanced and easily beaten anyway. Considering the damage in doubles/triples is halved/thirded on an already not amazing 70 Base power, and that you can't get STAB on it without it being "Not very effective" unless it's user is dual typed, you've got a HIGHLY situational move which rarely does better than a standard move like Psychic, even in the rare circumstances is was built for.

I'm not saying it's a good move in those formats. I'm saying that it hits every Pokemon on the field (potentially), so making it as OP as the TC wants is absurd.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#16-Unowninator-(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 7:15:18 PM
I may as well close this topic. And once I do, I'll close the poll as well.
---
PLEASE HELP Flightless get greenlit on steam. Thank you. http://bit.ly/17tngJS
''I don't make the rules, I just break them'' ~ Molamelerieth