This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Game Freak a one trick Ponyta?

#1BlueGaryOakPosted 7/27/2013 5:22:03 PM
I mean with the amount of money they must make for Pokemon, they should be able to make quality games.

We have Solitaire, and Harmoknight. I do think HarmoKnight is fun, but it also looks...poorly made. I don't mean this from a "graphics matter" position. Even indie games which get criticized a lot have a better appearance. These games have a purposely hand drawn by a 6 year old look.

So it mystifies me that Game Freak after all these years would release rather meh looking games that provide little content beyond even tablet gaming.

P.S. please bring Pulseman back, GF.
---
GFAQs where it is still the Cold War era, and the word Nuke is literal.
#2EnferolunosPosted 7/27/2013 5:24:21 PM
I have no idea what you mean about Harmoknight
And who cares about them being a one-trick pony? When I want other types games, I'll play games by other devs.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3BlueGaryOak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 5:26:22 PM
Enferolunos posted...
And who cares about them being a one-trick pony? When I want other types games, I'll play games by other devs.

Yes, but if you're going to put your hand in other projects you can also put a little bit more effort when you probably have an amazing budget.
---
#4TherianReturnsPosted 7/27/2013 5:27:46 PM
Ponyta is red
Shiny Ponyta is blue

o_O
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#5EnferolunosPosted 7/27/2013 5:29:55 PM
BlueGaryOak posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Yes, but if you're going to put your hand in other projects you can also put a little bit more effort when you probably have an amazing budget.

An amazing budget for what? I doubt they had an "amazing budget" for HarmoKnight or Horsolitaire.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#6PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/27/2013 5:30:57 PM
DDG stop getting suspended ;{
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#7BlueGaryOak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 5:59:28 PM
Enferolunos posted...
BlueGaryOak posted...
Enferolunos posted...

An amazing budget for what? I doubt they had an "amazing budget" for HarmoKnight or Horsolitaire.

I said probably. Clearly they didn't.

But they can afford an amazing budget instead of crappy games that only someone who is clearly ******* off Nintendo/GF would call quality games worth buying that are so underwhelming it makes Angry Birds a triple A title.
---
#8DarkKirby2500Posted 7/27/2013 6:04:40 PM(edited)
I don't think it's so much an issue that Game Freak CAN'T innovate, but that the games keep breaking sales records despite how they don't.

So in their opinion, why change a system that keeps selling better and better when they barely change anything?

There's already a bunch of people (to which I will refer to as idiots) in an uproar that they are adding a new type, people fear change.

Fry: But that's not why people watch TV. Clever things make people feel stupid, and unexpected things make them feel scared.

---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#9BlueGaryOak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 6:05:25 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
I don't think it's so much an issue that Game Freak CAN'T innovate, but that the games keep breaking sales records despite how they don't.

So in their opinion, why change a system that keeps selling better and better when they barely change anything?

There's already a bunch of people (to which I will refer to as idiots) in an uproar that they are adding a new type, people fear change.

<_< did you read the topic or click the wrong one? This isn't about Pokemon directly, but about the people who make Pokemon and despite their cash cow lining the company pockets of them, and Nintendo, they fail to manage making any other good titles recently unless it is Pokemon.
---
#10DarkKirby2500Posted 7/27/2013 6:08:07 PM
BlueGaryOak posted...
<_< did you read the topic or click the wrong one? This isn't about Pokemon directly, but about the people who make Pokemon and despite their cash cow lining the company pockets of them, and Nintendo, they fail to manage making any other good titles recently unless it is Pokemon.

Considering that Pokemon is the only game I'm aware of that Game Freak makes, and Pokemon is so successful that I'm sure Nintendo makes it the only thing they work on, I think it would be the only thing they work on for good reason, they don't need to make anything else.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>