This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't wait to name all my Fairy-type Pokemon...

#21ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/31/2013 12:07:00 PM
Lapras24 posted...
And you're your parent's least favorite child.

No big deal.

Wow... It seems that people will get modded for anything these says. I would never turn to the mods.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#22fahademonPosted 7/31/2013 12:10:18 PM
Was going to say I wont have any fairies on my team till I saw this:

paipr posted...
ill end up naming mine after fairy tail character's.

Now I'll need one.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Go here for Pokemon X/Y info:http://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#23ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/31/2013 12:12:49 PM
I haven't decided on names yet, but I will come up with something since I nickname all of my Pokemon.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#24LazHarshawPosted 7/31/2013 12:16:31 PM
I was going to name my Jigglypuff Mr.Jiggles.
Silveon- Pusstie
Flabébé- Allergy
Spritzee- Frenchore
Swirlix- JustDesert
Marill- Bluballs
Gardevoir- Drapes
#25InhaledCornPosted 7/31/2013 12:38:28 PM
I'm gonna name one Oberon because I can.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#26OsrangerPosted 7/31/2013 1:39:18 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Osranger posted...
How about that the released ones are either weird or ugly or Xerneas.

There are 5 pokemon that you've seen that are designed to be Fairy, that's not really a fair sample.

They all would be at home in Disney movies.

All pokemon would be at home in Disney movies.j

Even though there is a ton of lore they could draw off of, we have perfume and cotton candy.

And a majestic, badass, mythical stag that feels straight out of Norse mythology. We also get a ton of cutesy pokemon from ALL types.

It gives my 4th favorite type a new weakness and possibly something that will be immune against it, which is always annoying.

Is is rumored to be weak to my third favorite type which means that it will be easier for me to vent my frustration on.

My second favorite type is rumored to be resistant to it so even better.

It is rumored to nerf dark types which really don't need it.

A strong and fast fairy could actually be threatening to dragons, which makes them even more annoying, thus giving me the desire to swat at them as if they were flies. Sort of like a mosquito which may or may not carry malaria.

Because now there is some stupid rivalry-hate thing going on between fairy and dragon users that I have gotten caught up in, since I happen to like dragon pokes and dislike the fairies.

Well, it seems silly to hate a type for a couple undesirable type matchups, but whatever floats your boat.

I don't hate them. I find them annoying and they haven't given me a reason to like them yet. The fact that they nerf dragons, and the rivalry between fairy type and dragon type is high. Despite technically being on the dragon side, I also find this annoying. I prefer impartiality, but I can't since I have a preference.

I already have stated that Xerneas is not ugly or annoying. I like Xerneas, but Xerneas is in the minority. I cannot base an opinion on a whole type on a single pokemon. Neither should you list only one example in your counter argument. The pokemon they have decided to make fairy so far have not changed my opinion. I include them in my opinion of the fairy type. We also have Gardevoir, marril and Jigglypuff (rumored Mawile, and logical ones such as the Clefairy tree). My preference for all of them ranged from, I don't care, to mildly dislike. If we are going to get about 30 or so fairy types, maybe less since it is its first gen they are in, we have a sizable sample of fairy types taken across several gens. We have a dancer, a floatation device, perfume, a balloon, cotton candy, and ribboneon vs. amazing deer and alligator head
(which I don't like)

Disney movies make for a horrible analogy. It is an easy one to make. Instead, I'll say that they all look like, if I were to hit Sylveon, Swirlix and Spritzee, sprinkles would come out and they would keep on smiling. I would also like to counter that there are pokemon which would look out of place in any Disney movie and pokemon that don't have that cutesy cheeriness that I am referencing that many Disney creatures and many fairy types up to this point have shared. I have not mentioned to you whether or not I like this quality in pokemon. I usually don't, though there are/have been exceptions. No fairy types have been one of these exceptions.
---
If you can read this, you are in range