This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What advice would you tell your past self(first started pokemon) about pokemon?

#41Montymole11Posted 7/29/2013 1:02:03 PM
Don't put milk and Pokémon Cards in same bag.
---
Official Chespin of the XY Boards.
Check out my awesome Pokemon website at https://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#42MagmastaPosted 7/29/2013 1:08:35 PM
Who cares if the cartridge is a little dirty, just don't clean it with water, ok?
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#43Soul_of_YveltalPosted 7/29/2013 1:14:17 PM
This would not work. If you tell your past self to change something in your future then you current self would have had no reason to go to your past and change whatever.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#44MagmastaPosted 7/29/2013 1:29:13 PM(edited)
Soul_of_Yveltal posted...
This would not work. If you tell your past self to change something in your future then you current self would have had no reason to go to your past and change whatever.

For some people it would, like the guy with milk and the cards. If he told his past self about the bag and his cards, while time passed his past self would eventually go through life not screwing up by putting the milk in the bag.

However, future could possibly alter, and he may just lose the cards later on down the road by some other stupid mistake.

You also have to factor in the time he puts the milk in the bag. That few seconds of his life could of resulted in a disastrous accident if he would have put the milk in the bag.

Too many factors to list but the people who said things that only help in the game I can`t really see having any significant change in the future. For example, you already know how to save, why would you tell your past self this? It has absolutely no change in your future whatsoever.
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#45PChaosWMPosted 7/29/2013 1:29:57 PM
"Just because you steamrolled your way through the game using only one Pokemon, does not make you the best Pokemon player in the world...

Oh, and Electabuzz gets a pretty kick-ass evolution in about 9 years."
---
||==========(( PerfectChaosWM ))==========||
||==((Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0090-1828-2316))==||
#46Soul_of_YveltalPosted 7/29/2013 1:32:08 PM
Magmasta posted...

For some people it would, like the guy with milk and the cards. If he told his past self about the bag and his cards, while time passed his past self would eventually go through life not screwing up by putting the milk in the bag.

However, future could possibly alter, and he may just lose the cards later on down the road by some other stupid mistake.

You also have to factor in the time he puts the milk in the bag. That few seconds of his life could of resulted in a disastrous accident if he would have put the milk in the bag.

Too many factors to list but the people who said things that only help in the game I can`t really see having any significant change in the future. For example, you already know how to save, why would you tell your past self this? It has absolutely no change in your future whatsoever.

If he went back in time to tell his past self not to put milk and cards in the same bag then it never would occur to him and he would have had no reason to tell his past self.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#47CaptainBaschPosted 8/1/2013 1:22:24 AM
Magmasta posted...

If he went back in time to tell his past self not to put milk and cards in the same bag then it never would occur to him and he would have had no reason to tell his past self.

I hate time travel for the same reason I hate zombies. They're not real, but people argue argue about them and how they work like they are real! (I'm not talking about you guys, btw).

But on topic, I would tell him the mew glitch, missingno glitch, evolve more than just your starter and DO NOT SAVE INSIDE THE GYM FULL OF TELEPORTERS! YOU WILL TAKE AGES TO GET OUT AGAIN!!!
#48elconoMPosted 8/1/2013 1:29:59 AM
Spend that Yugioh money on more Pokemon games and Pokemon N64/GBC. Vintage has value. Bro.

Keep the Yugioh digital. Or try to.
---
age 29 - 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373-XBL- SuLFurousGaLaxy
My ACNL needs pear-orange. Unova FC-1808-0126-2402 - GTA.Pkmn.Pandora.Albion.HALO3
#49SpikeTbearPosted 8/1/2013 1:56:24 AM
I would go tell me Gen 1 self to:

-Make sure you have enough Pokeballs before facing Articuno (I ran out of Pokeballs and killed it).
-Save before fighting Zapdos; if it faints, you get another chance to catch it (I killed it and just continued on).
-Make sure to switch to another box before going to catch Moltres (Since the PC was on a full box when I caught Moltres, it disappeared).
-Teach Charizard a better moveset than Flamethower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, and Wing Attack.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#50Nerwrax15Posted 8/1/2013 2:03:50 AM
Well first i'd tell myself that when you hit the 6th grade you'll meet a girl and you two become really good friends through the rest of your school lives. ASK HER OUT. SHE CLEARLY LIKED YOU IDIOT! DON'T LET IT SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS! DO IT FOR ME, er, YOU! US!

anyway, id tell myself the mew glitch and becomes famous on the interwebs for finding it.
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15