This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best pokemon type?

#11SirPikachuPosted 7/28/2013 7:56:28 PM
I picked the taco thing even tho I don't like tacos XD
#12Swampert27Posted 7/28/2013 7:59:07 PM
Jaricko, i love you, but, water is the best type!
#13CharizardFirePosted 7/28/2013 8:00:36 PM
Also preferably steel / dragon in that order, while the order never really matters i would like a machine dragon rather then a dragon covered in steel.

Actually, the order doesn't really matter when it comes to which type is the primary type thematically.

Look at the Normal/Flying-types - thematically, the vast majority of them are more strongly associated with the Flying type than they are with the Normal type.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#14NessEggmanPosted 7/28/2013 8:09:52 PM
Speaking of tacos, my man and I have been on a super taco kick recently. We've been making our own tacos and going to every taco joint in town and trying all their different kinds of tacos. We heard On the Border actually had unlimited taco nights (!!!) <-- actually I learned that from an ad here on GFAQs -- anyway, and we went there, and our OTB wasn't a participating location -_-;; (in fact, it was pretty limited in the areas that participate... not even close to here...)

But we've come across some really great tacos. Ruby Tuesday's actually has some killer fish tacos. And it's the little local places that seem to have the best generic crunchy tacos.

The worst tacos ever in the whole world are from Jack in the Box. Like, I will not even accept disagreement on this. Even people who think they are good, you are wrong, and you don't even like them, but there was some kind of problem with your brain that tricked you into thinking that they were good right now, but really you've never liked them ever.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#15NessEggmanPosted 7/28/2013 8:14:50 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Also preferably steel / dragon in that order, while the order never really matters i would like a machine dragon rather then a dragon covered in steel.

Actually, the order doesn't really matter when it comes to which type is the primary type thematically.

Look at the Normal/Flying-types - thematically, the vast majority of them are more strongly associated with the Flying type than they are with the Normal type.

I think "Normal" is best associated for "everyday creatures" or "common animals that everyone knows." Flying is more like... an attribute that something might have. Which makes sense that unless the Pokemon is some kind of air elemental, it would be a secondary type.

Well, that's the logic in my head anyway. And that's why all the birds are always normal/flying. Because the normal describes their "common" attribute -- and they don't seem to have much in the way of supernatural powers like spitting fire or making water appear out of thin air.

And I think it makes so much more sense now with the introduction of Fairy type.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#16GeneralKenobi85Posted 7/28/2013 8:15:25 PM
Poison
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#17NessEggmanPosted 7/28/2013 8:17:47 PM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
Poison

Considering the true nature of this topic, that's not looking so well for you.

You're either going to be completely dominated by the steel types... or that is one nasty taco.
---
#18Swampert27Posted 7/28/2013 8:17:50 PM
NessEggman posted...
Speaking of tacos, my man and I have been on a super taco kick recently. We've been making our own tacos and going to every taco joint in town and trying all their different kinds of tacos. We heard On the Border actually had unlimited taco nights (!!!) <-- actually I learned that from an ad here on GFAQs -- anyway, and we went there, and our OTB wasn't a participating location -_-;; (in fact, it was pretty limited in the areas that participate... not even close to here...)

But we've come across some really great tacos. Ruby Tuesday's actually has some killer fish tacos. And it's the little local places that seem to have the best generic crunchy tacos.

The worst tacos ever in the whole world are from Jack in the Box. Like, I will not even accept disagreement on this. Even people who think they are good, you are wrong, and you don't even like them, but there was some kind of problem with your brain that tricked you into thinking that they were good right now, but really you've never liked them ever.

Lol what? Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol
#19Jaricko(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 8:23:03 PM
I want to make a taco shell out of emboar. Baco's i call them.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#20X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/28/2013 8:24:55 PM
Ghost
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567