This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Idea for Pokemon postgame.

#1deadpool848Posted 7/29/2013 9:12:34 AM
So i'm a little tired of having to resort to hacked roms to be able to play challenging and fun versions of a pokemon game. here is what I propose should at some point in time happen in pokemon for replayability.

National Mode - Unlocked as a feature after you defeat the champion for the first time.

This mode will be selectable as you start up your game. What it will do is it will change the encounters on every route and cave for you to be able to aquire every pokemon in the national dex minus legendaries. The legendaries can be there own seporate thing, (however i do like what some hacks have done and selected places in which the legendary can be found and give them a 1% encounter rate, making them something truly rare). This option will not be deleted when yous tart a new game, and can act as a new game+ style feature. It will adjust all trainers including gym leaders, rivals, E4, champion and random trainers to not only include the regions pokemon, but also pokemon from outside the regional dex. This will add some replayability for you to be able to build compeltely varried teams as you journey to face more difficult gym leaders, and an overall more difficult game because of how vast the pokemon varriety becomes. I feel this will add a lot more replayability to the pokemon games than they have now.
#2fedartzPosted 7/29/2013 9:36:31 AM
I love the new game+ idea

I have my own idea so hear me out.

After you beat the game you can marry with any girl you want. It must be the opposite gender or it wont work. If you are a male you can choose either to marry a Bikini Girl, Beauty, Lass or the Female MC. You can also marry a gym leader but it would be a lot tougher because you must accomplished certain mission to be able to trigger the flag. To propose the girls that you want you must have "The Ring", a key item that can only be found after you beat the game. At this time you must answer the girl question correctly when you proposed her. You can used your stylus to touch her to give a little boost to her affection to you.
---
The True Honedge Blacksmith of Pokemon XY Board
#3deadpool848(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 9:38:26 AM
fedartz posted...

After you beat the game you can marry with any girl you want. It must be the opposite gender or it wont work. If you are a male you can choose either to marry a Bikini Girl, Beauty, Lass or the Female MC. You can also marry a gym leader but it would be a lot tougher because you must accomplished certain mission to be able to trigger the flag. To propose the girls that you want you must have "The Ring", a key item that can only be found after you beat the game. At this time you must answer the girl question correctly when you proposed her. You can used your stylus to touch her to give a little boost to her affection to you.

Pokemon Dating Sim Spin Off you say...
JAPAN, GET WORKING!
#4fedartzPosted 7/29/2013 9:45:49 AM
deadpool848 posted...
fedartz posted...

Pokemon Dating Sim Spin Off you say...
JAPAN, GET WORKING!

Hahaha, I'm not crazy enough to marry an NDS like some Japanese guy did.
---
The True Honedge Blacksmith of Pokemon XY Board
#5X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/29/2013 9:46:20 AM
Waiting for someone to post a good idea or one that is easily believable...
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#6Hardcore74LeoPosted 7/29/2013 9:53:21 AM
How about once you beat the elite four, you are given the option of selecting a boat or plane ticket to go to another region. Start over from scratch again but once you reach the elite four you can use your previous pokemon. Kind of like how the anime works
#7Meltemi_RafalaPosted 7/29/2013 11:05:30 AM(edited)
X_Ayumi_X posted...

Hmmm. Three words that might work: New Game Plus.

That is, a straightforward, simple New Game Plus where you can start the game anew with all of the Pokemon, National Dex, items, and anything else you unlocked in the way of contest/musical/etc. Then again, not a lot of people play for the story...
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#8X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/29/2013 11:05:36 AM
Meltemi_Rafala posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...

Then again, not a lot of people play for the story...

New Game + would be awesome as long as it sounds believable.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#9AkubarixPosted 7/29/2013 11:18:13 AM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Meltemi_Rafala posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...

Then again, not a lot of people play for the story...

New Game + would be awesome as long as it sounds believable.

Simple: You start over with everything you have. Enemy Pokemon scale vs your highest level and lowest level Pokemon. You can't use HM moves until you re-earn those badges. Gym leaders get actual tactics instead of one gimmick that can be countered by the use of something that nulls/half the damage.
---
No matter where I stand, I'm alone.