This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at Those Pokemon Tretta Lab Sprites of Pokemon

#121Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 4:55:31 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Does anyone want some nutella

I prefer Jiffy. I'm just sitting back enjoying all the sore tooth aches bellow salty teared banter right now. It's funny how I'm always made out to be the troll, yet you can thumb through EVERY page of this topic and find sore arse hate notes launched at ME instead.
---
Suspension of Disbelief = EVERY Fan Boy
#122Gigaman222Posted 7/30/2013 5:46:44 PM
Ive been reading this for some time and I have to say at points its a rather amusing read. Mostly on both sides between TC baiting people and watching people "attempt" to get him back. This being a troll topic or a serious discussion really doesn't matter, its the fact that someone is upset about XY graphics.

I do agree that Gamefreak was rather lazy not to use the graphics they showed off in their 3d pokedex. It seems silly to tease us with that then revert to a lesser 3d model. Will this impact sales or peoples opinions about XY? Probably not. People are satisfied with what they have shown us and are impressed in the fact that any 3d model is a huge upgrade that we have had all these previous years.

Me personally, I'm just excited for new pokemon since Black and White left me wanting more. The fact that they are 3d models was just a plus and wasn't a deciding factor in me getting it or not. Ive played since Red and Blue since I was 11 and I'm sure ill be playing many more years so Ill admit my opinions are a little biased.

To TC, I understand your point your making and its a legit argument up to the point in comparing this to Tretta. Comparing it to the actual 3d pokedex would be more valid but of course you wouldn't get the rise out of the members on this board. Either way, I thank you for some amusing reads.

To everyone else, realize the fact that letting one person get under your skin just makes you look silly. Agree to disagree and if your going to try and attack someone on the internet be sure to think it through. I enjoy clever comments, not little kid jokes. They make more a much more amusing read. Also consider that its just a difference in opinions and nothing more. Even if its a troll topic or an actual discussion, you just make yourselves look silly. Not saying that TC makes himself look like a jerk but that's what makes it amusing at times. ^.^
---
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf --- Looking forward to Pokemon X&Y
3DS FC: 3368-1267-5146
#123NewbieN00bPosted 7/30/2013 5:48:05 PM
You bumped it :C
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#124Second_ChancesPosted 7/30/2013 5:57:54 PM
Screw it, I'm bored.

XY seem to use the same models as Pokedex 3D with a lower polycount, different shaders and textures and all that jazz. Personally, I like it. I don't care what the graphics are like as long as the game doesn't have framedrops out the ass. And I've seen 3DS games that look very similar to XY (to the point I've wondered if Game Freak is purposely trying to mimic those games with XY) and while they have unstable, choppy framerates at times, what we've seen of XY remains perfectly smooth.

And that's all I want. I'm not hard to please. I just want a game that's fun and runs well. Shame that's pretty rare in this day and age and not many others seem to share this sentiment.
#125kclaujamesPosted 7/30/2013 7:53:57 PM
I would not disagree that quality is not only about the gameplay, but from my observations, the recent trend is that developers (and gamers) paid too MUCH attention to the graphics and too LITTLE attention to the gameplay. Therefore, I would not complain at all if this is a game with great gameplay but disappointing graphics.
#126Doctor_SpankyPosted 7/30/2013 8:11:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#127Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 9:16:28 PM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Figures - more name calling spats, except from a NEW USER this time.

Gigaman222 posted...
Ive been reading this for some time and I have to say at points its a rather amusing read. Mostly on both sides between TC baiting people and watching people "attempt" to get him back. This being a troll topic or a serious discussion really doesn't matter, its the fact that someone is upset about XY graphics.

Heh, I was merely discussing the terrible quality of X and Y's graphics compared to Tretta's for example. Most everyone else started using elongated claws for which to try and shred poor little old me apart.

I do agree that Gamefreak was rather lazy not to use the graphics they showed off in their 3d pokedex. It seems silly to tease us with that then revert to a lesser 3d model. Will this impact sales or peoples opinions about XY? Probably not. People are satisfied with what they have shown us and are impressed in the fact that any 3d model is a huge upgrade that we have had all these previous years.

Funny - this is all I was essentially saying the whole time.

Me personally, I'm just excited for new pokemon since Black and White left me wanting more. The fact that they are 3d models was just a plus and wasn't a deciding factor in me getting it or not. Ive played since Red and Blue since I was 11 and I'm sure ill be playing many more years so Ill admit my opinions are a little biased.

Graphics have never been a deciding factor to me either; if that were the case, I would have never touched an NES or Game Boy game. I just never knew it was such a crucible thing to discuss the matter....

To TC, I understand your point your making and its a legit argument up to the point in comparing this to Tretta. Comparing it to the actual 3d pokedex would be more valid but of course you wouldn't get the rise out of the members on this board. Either way, I thank you for some amusing reads.

Thank you. Why can't you guys be more like this guy? This is the most classy response I've seen in this topic, next to my responses.

To everyone else, realize the fact that letting one person get under your skin just makes you look silly.

Exactly, though they thought throwing pebbles and stones at me was effective....

Agree to disagree and if your going to try and attack someone on the internet be sure to think it through.

The era in which people applied critical thinking is long dead. Nice try, though.

I enjoy clever comments, not little kid jokes. They make more a much more amusing read.

Let's also not forget the fact that you actually accomplish things by being clever.

Also consider that its just a difference in opinions and nothing more. Even if its a troll topic or an actual discussion, you just make yourselves look silly. Not saying that TC makes himself look like a jerk but that's what makes it amusing at times. ^.^

I really like this poster. This is such an epic montage of a reality check. Of course, We'll see who learns from all this....
---
#128THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 7/30/2013 9:33:07 PM
+10,000 Respect Points to TC for easily winning ITT. He has excellent counter-points to every slanderous claim and failed argument used against him.

+10,000 Bonus Respect Points to TC for having the courage to discuss the negatives of this game which many of you are afraid to do because of the backlash you would receive for doing so. No game is perfect, and people need to understand that it is perfectly fine to give constructive criticism.
#129Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 9:41:05 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
+10,000 Respect Points to TC for easily winning ITT. He has excellent counter-points to every slanderous claim and failed argument used against him.

Eh, it's what I do. I won't be one of those guys always painting a "sunny day in the dandelion fields with a side of soothing wind" for every damn game.

+10,000 Bonus Respect Points to TC for having the courage to discuss the negatives of this game which many of you are afraid to do because of the backlash you would receive for doing so. No game is perfect, and people need to understand that it is perfectly fine to give constructive criticism.

And 10,000 respect points to you for merely understanding me, and even if you were to disagree with me, I would understand. It's the whole flinging projectiles at me that makes these trivial "situations" amusing, merely because I say what certain sore people don't want to hear.
---
#130zeroalphamaxPosted 7/30/2013 9:43:48 PM
Razieru posted...
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...

Eh, it's what I do. I won't be one of those guys always painting a "sunny day in the dandelion fields with a side of soothing wind" for every damn game.

And 10,000 respect points to you for merely understanding me, and even if you were to disagree with me, I would understand. It's the whole flinging projectiles at me that makes these trivial "situations" amusing, merely because I say what certain sore people don't want to hear.

I see where you're coming from on this,but I feel if the models in X&Y were of that quality then there wouldnt be a cart big enough to hold them(If I remember the sizes correctly) Whereas the 3ds Tretta tool is a database,and doesnt include many of the things included in the main games.