This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could remake a Pokemon game, what would you choose?

#11PuruglyPosted 7/29/2013 6:53:17 PM
Red and Blue. Again.

I'd keep all the horrible primitive mechanics and **** (no physical/special split, one pocket for the bag, Toxic + Leech Seed, Wrap, etc) and make Mew a requirement to complete the Poke Dex (the only way to catch it would be to use the Mew glitch).

Then, when you beat the game, instead of a staff roll, you hear a terrible, nauseating screech akin to the noise a GB(C) makes after you pull out the cartridge during play. This ghastly melody continues for five minutes. Cannot be skipped by pressing Start. If you reset, your file gets wiped.

Also, the game would be in 3D, like in XY. But the 3D animations for the Pokemon would be built off the art-style from their RB sprites.

It would be an eShop-only release. Releasing physical copies would be too expensive. **** that.
#12MasterSpectrobePosted 7/29/2013 6:54:32 PM
Pokemon Trozei
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#13nblasteroinPosted 7/29/2013 6:54:34 PM
All regions need to be turned into the 6th gen format
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 - 4828 - 7842
#14fahademonPosted 7/29/2013 6:56:08 PM
Yellow or Emerald.
---
3DS FC:3222-6949-4801 | Tell me if you add me so I can add you back. :)
Go here for Pokemon X/Y info:http://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#15RedShadowwwPosted 7/29/2013 6:59:15 PM
Pokemon X/Y...for Gameboy.
---
Please help get Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705638-digimon-world-redigitize-decode/66682880
#16Mcis1979Posted 8/1/2013 1:45:15 PM
I would simply just redo red blue but after you beat the elite four you cross tohjo falls and go to violet city. I'd make the Kanto pokedex like 300 though just like Black 2 and White 2.

Of course only the best and most unique pokemon would be allowed though (no beutifly or swalot) with all the original 151.
But after beating the elite four you can catch all 649+ pokemon in the game (this needs to happen) make a few trophies though like Feebas and Spiritomb back in the day. More Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Steel and Fairy types spread out in Kanto.

It didn't make any sense how they introduced us to Dark and Steel back in the G/S days and you couldn't get either type without waiting too long or doing something difficult. No one used Umbreon or Foretress and trading for Steelix and Scizor was also rediculous.
#17P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/1/2013 1:47:18 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
First choice: Ruby and Sapphire with a bit of Emerald thrown in. Steven is still the Champion though.
Second choice: Diamond and Pearl with some Platinum thrown in.

This. Though maybe a remake of Snap for the Wii U. I'd love to see a Snap 2, but with 649 Pokemon, I think it'd be hard to capture the same feeling that the original did, so a remake would suffice
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#18TranquilSeaPosted 8/1/2013 1:49:34 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Platinum

---
standing on the edge of the world
and I dont want you to catch me
#19LadyYachiruPosted 8/1/2013 1:59:18 PM
Err......Blood Ruby and...Sea..sapphire?....Im not good at this...
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
#20pokemonfreak97Posted 8/1/2013 2:05:40 PM
One out of (Colo, XD, Yellow, Emerald)

Colo/XD because the Eeveelutions in general, as well as a lot of the other Pokemon in those games, would be better with the physical-special split and a reason that's shared with Emerald.

Yellow because it's unique and would be interesting to play if I didn't have to locate a GBA SP or earlier and a copy of the game if I ever wanted to play it. Plus, three starters in one game!

Emerald as the obligatory "Gen III with Physical-Special split" vote, and along with XD, because Poochyena MIGHT NOT SUCK SO MUCH if it got to be early on in a game where Bite is Physical!
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.