This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly is the title of Champion anyway?

#21MaetchPosted 7/29/2013 7:16:32 PM(edited)
A regional Champion (like Lance, Wallace, and Cynthia) is essentially the public "face" of the entire region, inspiring people to be the best damn Trainer possible. Though anybody can be named a Champion by beating the Elite Four, only one gets to be THE Trainer who represents the region, and so the MC is made to fight the current reigning Champion for this right.

Blue's loss to Red simply means that he doesn't get to be the "face" of the region, while Red and the other MCs apparently choose not to take the position so they can continue adventuring in their own way (since Red declined, I'm guessing Lance was chosen to be the public Champion in Red's place, and the Elites restructured as a result).
#22GBeastMegamanBXPosted 7/29/2013 7:14:16 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Lt. Surge most definitely is from a mental institute. America doesn't exist in the Pokemon games. He just puts that on the sign outside of his gym to scare people.

And any Pokedex entries mentioning America are just because the kids writing the Pokedex entries saw the sign on Lt. Surge's gym and thought it sounded exotic.

Wow, the Pokemon world must have a lot of crazies if some of them talk about China and Guyana.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#23FuneralCakePosted 7/29/2013 7:15:55 PM
Yep. They're all crazy. All of them.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me
#24AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/29/2013 7:16:52 PM
every 4 (or is it 2? I think 2 per Olympics and 4 for the same one to return) years

You have the right idea. You can also say "every four years for the Olympics that matters."
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#25LexifoxPosted 7/29/2013 7:20:54 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Lt. Surge most definitely is from a mental institute. America doesn't exist in the Pokemon games. He just puts that on the sign outside of his gym to scare people.

And any Pokedex entries mentioning America are just because the kids writing the Pokedex entries saw the sign on Lt. Surge's gym and thought it sounded exotic.

Gastly mentions the Indian elephant.

Cinnabar Island has the South America notes.

Arcanine and Parasect are referred to as having signifiance in China.

Ponyta's dex entries mention Toyko Tower (Eiffel Tower outside Japan) and Ayers Rock.

Poliwrath is regularly noted for its abilty to swim the Pacific Ocean.

Xatu is stated to have a reputation in South America.

Delibird's Pokedex entries mention Mt. Everest.

Regice is said to be made of Antarctic ice.

Fletchling is the Japanese Robin Pokemon.

NPCs mention Russia, Japan, and China.

The whole "kids make up the pokedex" thing is just speculation.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26GalladetheGreatPosted 7/29/2013 7:42:53 PM
Lexifox posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Gastly mentions the Indian elephant.

Cinnabar Island has the South America notes.

Arcanine and Parasect are referred to as having signifiance in China.

Ponyta's dex entries mention Toyko Tower (Eiffel Tower outside Japan) and Ayers Rock.

Poliwrath is regularly noted for its abilty to swim the Pacific Ocean.

Xatu is stated to have a reputation in South America.

Delibird's Pokedex entries mention Mt. Everest.

Regice is said to be made of Antarctic ice.

Fletchling is the Japanese Robin Pokemon.

NPCs mention Russia, Japan, and China.

The whole "kids make up the pokedex" thing is just speculation.

They're all fake. Every single word of those Pokedex entries is just mindless propaganda stemming from the government.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#27VerdikaPosted 8/2/2013 12:27:59 PM
FuneralCake posted...

I'm sorry that your mind has repressed your memories of the Great Pokemon War. It was dark times...Charizards and Volcarona raining down hell from the skies...entire navel war ships taken out by Gyarados...my best buddy lost a leg to a buried Electrode and I...I was captured by the enemy and tortured for days by their resident Alakazam.

Why do you think there are so few middle aged men in the Pokemon world?

Some people have forgotten. Some used a Hypno to make themselves forget. But I never will...I never can...
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.