This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you like a moveset checker?

#191UKGamerPosted 7/30/2013 6:38:05 AM
We get people who check Happiness, IVs and EVs who give you hints about how good each of these things are. How about we have someone similar but who checks your movesets? Here are some examples:

Pokemon Type: Fire
Moveset: Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fireblast
Statement: "This Pokemon lacks variety. It's moveset needs a lot of work."

Pokemon Type: Steel
Moveset: Iron Defense, Agility, Magnet Rise and Block
Statement: "This Pokemon will never win any battles. Give it something to damage opposing Pokemon."

Pokemon Type: Electric
Moveset: Thunderbolt, Magnet Rise, Ice Punch and Brick Break
Statement: "This Pokemon has a very balanced moveset. Well done."

And so on. What do you think? Would you like someone like that in the game? By the way, I wasn't focusing on any Pokemon in particular or how good the moves are in competetive battling.
---
3DS Friend Code - 0962-9363-1392
White 2 Friend Code - 3354-5820-6262
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 7/30/2013 6:39:46 AM
That would be good for a beginner, but people who are experienced can literally see those things within half a second.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3deadpool848Posted 7/30/2013 6:45:03 AM
I think the best moveset checker is when your actually in battle and your pokemon is having trouble taking down certain threats it should be able to handle.
#4KitschgardenerPosted 7/30/2013 6:49:35 AM
Move listings would be far more useful, whether incorporated into the PokÚDex, part of the researcher's section of the Battle Factory, whatever.
#591UKGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 6:53:37 AM
I realise the best way to make good movesets are through battling and know this won't help too much with competetive battlers but this is aimed towards beginners or people who have just decided to start doing some competetive battling.
---
#6Hardcore74LeoPosted 7/30/2013 6:53:58 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Move listings would be far more useful, whether incorporated into the PokÚDex, part of the researcher's section of the Battle Factory, whatever.

I would say pokedex that way it could be more useful and give people a reason to use it
#7X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/30/2013 6:56:55 AM
No as I think this would be useless.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#8deadpool848Posted 7/30/2013 6:59:00 AM
91UKGamer posted...
I realise the best way to make good movesets are through battling and know this won't help too much with competetive battlers but this is aimed towards beginners or people who have just decided to start doing some competetive battling.

If your trying to aim it for competitive battling, then smogon/serebii are pertty good places to start for begginers by seeing what movesets work and all. They dont even have to copy paste, they can just look at the type of movesets that exist right now and why they work, then try to make there own movesets by using the information they have just obtained.

Only thing I want is for the ingame pokedex to include more information on the pokemon, like moves it can learn, evolutions, and so on. But since Gamefreak already released an iso app pokedex that has this stuff, for money no less (I think almost 30 dollars for everything?), there not gonna give us a nice pokedex for free ingame.
#991UKGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 7:12:45 AM
deadpool848 posted...
91UKGamer posted...

If your trying to aim it for competitive battling, then smogon/serebii are pertty good places to start for begginers by seeing what movesets work and all. They dont even have to copy paste, they can just look at the type of movesets that exist right now and why they work, then try to make there own movesets by using the information they have just obtained.

Only thing I want is for the ingame pokedex to include more information on the pokemon, like moves it can learn, evolutions, and so on. But since Gamefreak already released an iso app pokedex that has this stuff, for money no less (I think almost 30 dollars for everything?), there not gonna give us a nice pokedex for free ingame.

Smogon and Serebii I know about, I was just thinking for something in-game even though it's not needed.

And I definetly think the Pokedex could use with some expanding featuring new features. In fact, I made a topic a little while ago asking what new features people would like in the Pokedex (don't know where it's to). Movesets being listed was one of the main things I remember being mentioned and I agree with that.
---
#10MagmastaPosted 7/30/2013 7:14:24 AM
Why not have some psychic girl who tells who what the next move you learn will be.
She could also give you a few hints before you evolve, if it's too soon and she recommends that you wait longer, or if your pokemon doesn't evolve at all to begin with.

Pointless with serebii and what not, but some people might use this feature if they don't feel like looking and just staying on their game.
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend