This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good game to "start" pokemon with?

#1OldSkoola001Posted 7/30/2013 6:38:38 AM
Would this be a good point to get into the sereies? Any point in getting b/w 1 and 2 before this comes out?
#2GBeastMegamanBXPosted 7/30/2013 6:41:17 AM
You could really start off with any pokemon game... and well you could get Black/White/B2/W2 if you wanna play a pokemon game to kill time til X/Y
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#3deadpool848Posted 7/30/2013 6:43:07 AM
I always reccomend HG/SS as a first experience to the pokemon games. Theere prety polished, have some good features, and they give you the oportunity to mee old and new pokemon. No one really knows much about X/Y just yet, but if you ask me, you can basicaly start with any pokemon game you want to get into the series, if you want to wait for X/Y you can, if you want to play one before, you can play whichever you want. B/W and B2/W2 are the esiest to obtain, while HG/SS are scarse, with SS still being sold in small quantities in various places.

As for if there is a point to get them, i think yes, youc an see some of the older and more recent pokemon by playing B2/W2 and to some extend B/W, B/W has the better story, but the games arent really known for there story anyways. All in all if you can et your hands on HeartGold or SoulSilver, give those a try as a first pokemon game, thats my advice but in the end its up to you.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 7/30/2013 6:44:02 AM
I can't say I know that this will be a good starting point because it isn't out yet so I suggest getting another game first.

Black and White 1 aren't very good at all. Skip them.
If you HAD to get a Gen 5 game, you should get Black and White 2. Those games are probably the best in the series.

If you would consider a Gen 4 game, get HeartGold, SoulSilver, or Platinum. All three of those games are also very good. The problem is that hefty price tag on all three of them. If you find one for like, $20, get it because you don't know if you'll ever see a deal like that again.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#591UKGamerPosted 7/30/2013 6:46:50 AM
You can get Pokemon Black/White if you want to get to know the Gen 5 Pokemon only before the league and then get to know some of the older Pokemon post game. But as some already has mentioned, any game is fine to start on.
---
3DS Friend Code - 0962-9363-1392
White 2 Friend Code - 3354-5820-6262
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 7/30/2013 6:47:16 AM
I would also like to add that if you get HG/SS, expect to have heavy grinding in your future. My suggestion is to NEVER RUN AWAY FROM BATTLE. You need as much EXP as you can get.
---
#7NoivernPosted 7/30/2013 6:47:31 AM
CakeOfLies posted...

Better plot than BW2
#8deadpool848Posted 7/30/2013 6:48:23 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I can't say I know that this will be a good starting point because it isn't out yet so I suggest getting another game first.

If you HAD to get a Gen 5 game, you should get Black and White 2. Those games are probably the best in the series.

If you would consider a Gen 4 game, get HeartGold, SoulSilver, or Platinum. All three of those games are also very good. The problem is that hefty price tag on all three of them. If you find one for like, $20, get it because you don't know if you'll ever see a deal like that again.

I still see SoulSilver in stores with the box for 30-35 dollars, which i mean isnt bad for how old the game is at this point. HeartGold is i think almost dissapeared of the face of the earth XD, glad i got that one when they came out. As for Platinum, I found mine for 25 cartridge only at a local game store, i was pretty happy with it.

In reailty your gonna end up paying 30-35 anyway, so just buy B2/W2 since there easy to find new and you would get i would say the best exposure to pokemon for a newcommer.
#9deadpool848Posted 7/30/2013 6:49:56 AM
Noivern posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Better plot than BW2

Plot isnt really what makes a pokemon game, since its just that little layer under the 8 Badges, E4, Champion formula XD. But if you do care about that stuff, the plot is better in B/W than in B2/W2.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 7/30/2013 6:56:15 AM
Noivern posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Better plot than BW2

BW2 have much better variety in Pokemon as well as post-game.
BW1 has almost no post game to speak of.
---