This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good game to "start" pokemon with?

#11NessEggmanPosted 7/30/2013 7:14:34 AM
Even if people don't like to admit it, story is becoming a bigger and bigger focus in Pokémon. Story is actually important now. BW has a really great story, and it's really needed to appreciate BW2's story at all.

BW is a great place to start because it's not very overwhelming. It's a bit more simple and there's not a ton of extra content... which is overall not a great thing, but that's part of what makes it good to start with. That way you will be even more excited about the additional content in BW2. And you can actually experience and understand the story (which is good).

But any game is good for starting out. I would say it wouldn't hurt to just wait for XY and play that. I'm sure it will be just as good as any. Every Pokémon game is designed with a beginner in mind, as well as returning players.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#12NessEggmanPosted 7/30/2013 7:15:55 AM
Oh and you don't need to play any previous games to appreciate XY. Each generation/group of games is not related to the ones before it, besides of course they're all about Pokémon, and they may have some little cameos or something that are extremely minor.

The only ones with a continuation of story are BW1 to BW2.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#13SirPikachuPosted 7/30/2013 7:40:50 AM
Noivern posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Black and White 1 aren't very good at all. Skip them.

Better plot than BW2

The BW2 has better EVERYTHING.

But TC, HG/SS would be good, and/or BW2. I had lots of fun with both.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#14l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 8/1/2013 5:30:12 PM
I don't see why not. And this is coming from a big gen 1 fan.
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#15Hanon623Posted 8/1/2013 5:32:36 PM
Either 5th gen game gives you infinite tms so theres that.
#16jayman7Posted 8/1/2013 5:40:39 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
BW1 has almost no post game to speak of.

It has more postgame than the first-gen games, with their all of one solitary postgame-only area.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere