This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does everyone hate Gen IV?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does everyone hate Gen IV?
3 years ago#31
I don't hate Gen 4, so I don't count. Like always... -.-

Seriously though, it's pretty solid. Platinum is way better than Diamond/Pearl, but D/P can stand on their own quite well.
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Official Combat Pragmatist of Real Life.
3 years ago#32
AbysmalTrinity posted...
Gen 3 is the worst gen. It had shallow useless Pokemon, 85% of the map is water, and Team Magma/Aqua were plain boring. Team Galatic was much more interesting and had a greater storyline. You also don't face your rival at the League which is just stupid.

I'd say 30 to 40 percent of Hoenn is water.
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
3 years ago#33
I hate the living hell out of Gen IV, but not for a reason anyone here has. When I worked in Nintendo Game testing I tested D/P and had to play them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for at least 2 months. Any game can start to grate on you for that long. Funny thing was I bought a copy of Pearl when it came out and got as far as the first badge before I just had to put it down. to this day I have never finished a gen IV game outside of testing them. Same reason I can't stand Phantom Hourglass....
3 years ago#34
Kira_Elric2 posted...
I hate the living hell out of Gen IV, but not for a reason anyone here has. When I worked in Nintendo Game testing I tested D/P and had to play them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for at least 2 months. Any game can start to grate on you for that long. Funny thing was I bought a copy of Pearl when it came out and got as far as the first badge before I just had to put it down. to this day I have never finished a gen IV game outside of testing them. Same reason I can't stand Phantom Hourglass....

Is that one of those Zelda games on the DS?
If so, I hated them because of the "Controls"
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
3 years ago#35
I for one love Gen IV. It's my second favorite right after Gen I. In fact, I think Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor and Luxray are the strongest team I've ever used. :)
3 years ago#36
I loved gen 4... I'm currently replaying Platinum and having a blast with Garchomp, Infernape, and Luxray.
KI:U name: SlashZX
FC: 0216-0883-7959
3 years ago#37
aznStaRBoY posted...

-Slow and annoying battle mechanics. This is the main reason overall.

Right there. Am glad it is, since it's exactly why it's my least favorite. I don't hate Gen 4 at all, but it's the most annoying to me just because of that.
3DS FC: 2535 3646 8484 PSN: Jasper20XX
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
3 years ago#38
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Swampert27 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
I don't hate Gen IV.
I hate Barry and the fact that Dawn's dress is too short.

Short? Lol what?

All she needed to do is take a step and you can see up her dress.
Way too short.

Agree with this. I really don't like how females in FE suddenly started dressing more risque with the installment of Awakening. Just a small side rant
Charizard for SSBU
3 years ago#39
I don't hate gen IV. My Munchlax and Gibile starter playthroughs were quite amusing.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
3 years ago#40
smashman92 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Swampert27 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
I don't hate Gen IV.
I hate Barry and the fact that Dawn's dress is too short.

Short? Lol what?

All she needed to do is take a step and you can see up her dress.
Way too short.

Agree with this. I really don't like how females in FE suddenly started dressing more risque with the installment of Awakening. Just a small side rant

Wasn't planning on playing that game so I did a quick search online as I couldn't believe you on they would do that.
Then I saw and one of them look like she had a night gown on as a "dress"
The hell is that? What kind of war are you fighting in a night gown? Do not want.
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does everyone hate Gen IV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived