This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone have a Pokemon that they carried all the way over from Red/Blue?

#11kakashik99992Posted 7/30/2013 12:48:03 PM
No first because it can't be done second because even when I could do it I didn't because it's more practical to just pokegen a copy of the one on the other game
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#12FuneralCakePosted 7/30/2013 12:51:24 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
fahademon posted...
wingblade98 posted...
IMPOSSIBURU!!!

I may be wrong here,but cant you convert pokemon into file format and then convert to gen3/4/5 format? I remember seeing something like that...

Doubt it. There were so many changes between the first two gens and the third that I don't see it working.

Even if it was possible, it would require ROM/emulator access and thus couldn't be accomplished on cartridges.

It would definitely be possible to do a "converter program" of sorts, but yes, it would require some way to extract the data and individual Pokemon files from the game. A lot of things would have to be randomized, of course, and you'd probably end up with really terrible current-format Pokemon in the end.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me
#13wheeling_gamerPosted 7/30/2013 12:52:56 PM
If I carried over, you mean "used multiple times in every generation they were available", then yes.

I had an Espeon and Umbreon dual team that were hatched from the same litter and used in Gen II. Gen III also saw me using the two Pokémon together in a Coliseum team and carrying them over to Gen IV. Then, when I lost the game with them on it, I obtained the two Pokémon by breeding yet again in Gen IV and carried them over to Gen V.

Houndoom, Clefable, and Pidgeot come close, but I skipped a Generation with them (Gens III, II, and IV, respectively).
---
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.
#14YOSHI475Posted 7/30/2013 1:00:58 PM
I have my whole team from sapphire. Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert, Pelipper, Kyogre, Gardevoir on my Black.
---
My 3DS FC 2836-0311-6697
#15PheonixFFire7Posted 7/30/2013 4:55:06 PM
Ruby and Sapphire are the furthest back you can go if you want to transfer up through the generations. Canonically, and compatability-wise, Gens 1 and 2 don't exist. At least, not as stand alone generations.
#16OlikromPosted 7/30/2013 6:05:15 PM
I have a shiny Metagross I've used since Sapphire. I transfered him to FireRed, Collosseum, XD, Pearl, SoulSilver, White, and White 2. He has 17 badges now.
---
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Olikrom/MsPacManDSi.jpg
Pokemon White 2: 0261-8137-4958