This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In black 2, subway station battles are rigged?..

#1MT_TRAEHPosted 7/30/2013 1:13:26 PM
I was fighting a Jellicent with leftovers and it outrun my espeon (rash in nature) which is clearly faster
than my magnezone (modest) and then my magnezone just outrun that same jellicent (without paralyzing it or doing anything to it)... why is that?
---
Misha > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
#2Swampert27Posted 7/30/2013 1:16:36 PM
Idk.
#3Hanon623Posted 7/30/2013 1:18:32 PM
Was tailwind or trick room up? It's obvious but I'll ask anyway was zone scarfed or did your espeon hold an iron ball?
#4Edgemaster70000Posted 7/30/2013 1:20:19 PM
You're not calculating something, but the battles in there are definitely rigged to maximum levels of hax. If a battle will come down to you getting critted or not, you will always get hit by a crit, especially once your win streak goes up to a fair total. If you get paralyzed you'll miss 3 consecutive turns, moves with a 10% burn rate will burn you over half the time, etc.

It's bullspit.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#5solaurus12Posted 7/30/2013 1:20:50 PM
Tell this to my Jolteon that got outran by an Aggron.
---
PSN-Solaurus Steam-Solaurus
Making everyone on the WiiU board look stupid since 1888.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 7/30/2013 1:32:44 PM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You're not calculating something, but the battles in there are definitely rigged to maximum levels of hax. If a battle will come down to you getting critted or not, you will always get hit by a crit, especially once your win streak goes up to a fair total. If you get paralyzed you'll miss 3 consecutive turns, moves with a 10% burn rate will burn you over half the time, etc.

It's bullspit.

Another day, another "subw@yHAXX" topic. Look, your win streak is used as a variable in RNG calculations, but only towards determining opponents (not necessarily "harder" or "easier" opponents, just different ones). The only time crits are manipulated IIRC is during the Subway boss battle(s), which I think has crits disabled completely. RNG reserarch >>>>>> random Internet anecdotes as far as this is concerned.

Useful reading:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/65310568#11
#7Edgemaster70000Posted 7/30/2013 1:45:14 PM
Kitschgardener posted...

It's bullspit.

Another day, another "subw@yHAXX" topic. Look, your win streak is used as a variable in RNG calculations, but only towards determining opponents (not necessarily "harder" or "easier" opponents, just different ones). The only time crits are manipulated IIRC is during the Subway boss battle(s), which I think has crits disabled completely. RNG reserarch >>>>>> random Internet anecdotes as far as this is concerned.

Useful reading:

I'm very experienced in the matter, and for every one time I legitimately lose my streak, I lose it 5 times to ridiculous levels of BS. This is over years of playing, mind you, with a large sample size.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#8MT_TRAEH(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 11:03:16 PM

It's bullspit.

i guess this can explain the phenomenon..
---
Misha > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
#9Ubergeneral3Posted 7/30/2013 11:21:28 PM
this is why I won't do battle subway. it's bs that they make you lose by sheer rng. not fun at all.
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#10KitschgardenerPosted 7/31/2013 12:13:27 AM
Kitschgardener posted...

It's bullspit.

Useful reading:

I'm very experienced in the matter, and for every one time I legitimately lose my streak, I lose it 5 times to ridiculous levels of BS. This is over years of playing, mind you, with a large sample size.

This is why I said RNG research >>>>>> random Internet anecdotes.

Hacking a game to determine how mechanics work is the only way you can find the AI to be fair.
Saying you've played the game a lot means absolutely nothing. That's like saying you know how film-making works just by watching a lot of movies.

Sore losers lie all the time about nonexistent AI "bias" (see the supposed "Mamoswine used Metronome!" nonsense). There is no way for any "cheating AI" to remain hidden from RNG researchers.