This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Switching my usual starter type in this game. You?

#101GoGoatPosted 8/1/2013 7:29:11 AM
FuneralCake posted...
I don't have a usual starter type. I just pick the one I like the most.

^ This.

Though technically I never picked a grass type for a first run until Gen 5, so theres that, I guess. Altogether I've started with 2 fire types, 2 water types and 1 grass type. As long as Fennekin's evolutions aren't revealed to be garbage between now and release, that will place fire in the lead with 3.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#102Darth_Mark38Posted 8/1/2013 7:32:19 AM
I just pick the one I like the most. And I tend to get all of them anyway.
---
Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsibile for the Death Star.
#103paiprPosted 8/1/2013 7:35:20 AM
This gen im going back to my grass starter ways. Last gen was my non grass starter gen. Oshawott and tepig where just so much better than snivy add to that the fact that last gen had some really fun non starter grass types. That said I may try to acquire the other two starters for my first playthrough cause I actually like all three. Chespin the most though.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#104forkezanPosted 8/1/2013 8:09:53 AM
I wouldn't say I "always" choose the fire starter but they do usually do tend to be my favorite. Not this time though. I'm going with Chespin, which is unusual because it will be the only grass type besides Treeko that I've used.

Red (1st playthrough) - Squirtle
Red (2nd playthrough) - Charmander
Gold - Totodile
Crystal - Cyndaquil
Sapphire - Mudkip
Emerald - Treeko
Fire Red - Charmander
Pearl - Piplup
Platinum - Chimchar
Heart Gold - Cyndaquil
White (1st playthrough) - Tepig
White (2nd playthrough) - Oshawott
White 2 - Tepig
and soon....
Y - Chespin
---
"A true gentleman leaves no puzzle left unsolved!" -Professor Layton
#105SolarStriderPosted 8/1/2013 9:28:04 AM
Yes. The only other gen where I deviated from the Water starters as my first choice was with Chimchar.

This time I am going with Fennekin unless it's revealed to be Fire/Fighting, in which case I'll choose Froakie.

Grass doesn't get much love from me :( but Treeko did make my choice of Mudkip extremely difficult.
---
SonOfJrAK