This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could Noivern be our new "cave bat?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Could Noivern be our new "cave bat?"

User Info: Cenedarprime

Cenedarprime
3 years ago#1
Big leathery bat wings, powers based around sound, giant ears that are most likely used for sonar (you see those kind of ears on Loudred and Swoobat), despite being a dragon type, could it be possible that Noivern is the final form of our new "cave bat," a la Zubat or Woobat?

With Dagon types receiving a new enemy in the form of a fairy types, Noivern suddenly finds itself in a far less dominant position on the food chain (theoretically).

So what do you all think? Could we get our first dragon type bat?
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
PSN name: Cenedar. Let it be known that I am a proud Green Lantern user.

User Info: Octaivian_Rex

Octaivian_Rex
3 years ago#2
Hopefully its pre-evos will be the early cave bats while Noivern is saved for Victory Road. I don't wanna get mauled by a massive wyvern bat when stepping into my first cave.
http://picasion.com/resize70/8cd5a09ffb091458e8b25ab5cf41c108.gif

User Info: Solar20xx

Solar20xx
3 years ago#3
I sure hope not, unless that's an evolution. That thing is HUGE. Seeing the potential to be even more annoying than Zubat/Golbat.
3DS FC: 2535 3646 8484 PSN: Jasper20XX
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65

User Info: ChiefCole

ChiefCole
3 years ago#4
Highly doubt it
3DS Friendcode: 4296-3524-7627
PSN: JMONEY4ever

User Info: Cenedarprime

Cenedarprime
3 years ago#5
Octaivian_Rex posted...
Hopefully its pre-evos will be the early cave bats while Noivern is saved for Victory Road. I don't wanna get mauled by a massive wyvern bat when stepping into my first cave.

Perhaps I should clarify, haha. I don't expect a fully grown Noivern to leap out at us in our first cave, I suspect Noivern is the FINAL form of the bat, with a pre-evo closer to Zubat or Woobat.
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
PSN name: Cenedar. Let it be known that I am a proud Green Lantern user.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#6

Noivern looks like a fully-evolved Pokémon to me.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
3 years ago#7
It just occurred to me that I could nickname Noivern Valtor, as long as it learns a Fire type move or two.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#8
I don't think so. I feel like it will be the pseudo-legendary for this gen.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me

User Info: Elec Man EXE

Elec Man EXE
3 years ago#9
It "could" be, I suppose, but I would hope GameFreak wouldn't make yet another "found in every cave" bat right after the last gen already introduced a new one. I wasn't too bothered by Woobat since it was a nice change of pace from Zubat from every previous generation, but to introduce another one right away I wouldn't really care for.

It'll probably still be found in caves, but hopefully it'll be a rarer pokemon and not the type of pokemon you see every 3 seconds.
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White

User Info: KillerMechanoid

KillerMechanoid
3 years ago#10
I think the first 2 forms would be Flying/something else instead of Flying/Dragon.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Could Noivern be our new "cave bat?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived