This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The neutral natures should give +HP

#1HydreigoonPosted 7/30/2013 7:59:15 PM
Since having a Pokemon with a neutral nature is pretty stupid.
---
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.
#2Scott1187Posted 7/30/2013 8:08:04 PM
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game. A neutral nature at least means if you have a pokemon that you want to use as a fast mixed attacker, it wont suffer from it's defenses being lowered. Of course noone uses it competitively, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#3JarickoPosted 7/30/2013 8:16:07 PM
Scott1187 posted...
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game. A neutral nature at least means if you have a pokemon that you want to use as a fast mixed attacker, it wont suffer from it's defenses being lowered. Of course noone uses it competitively, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

I use them in the story as a good enough option. I usually catch a pokemon til i have an okay enough nature even in the story. Neutral is neither bad or good though so its good enough.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#4Scott1187Posted 7/30/2013 8:36:16 PM
Jaricko posted...
Scott1187 posted...

I use them in the story as a good enough option. I usually catch a pokemon til i have an okay enough nature even in the story. Neutral is neither bad or good though so its good enough.

Yeah, so do I. If I want to use a Krookodile, I make sure the Sandile I catch isn't Modest, for example. But I dont catch twenty of them until I find an Adamant one. And I just accept whatever nature my starter comes with, even if it's detrimental, I wont reset my game over and over until I get the perfect one. The only exception is if I'm making an in-game team, but for the competitive parts of the in-game, like the PWT or Subway. Other than that, as long as it's not detrimental I dont care if it's not ideal.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
#5t3hNubPosted 7/30/2013 8:42:29 PM
Hydreigoon posted...
The neutral natures should give +HP

Natures work on a give-and-take balance, with neutral natures simply affecting the same stat with both the give and take sides. If they added HP, they wouldn't be neutral, they'd be HP-positive; what would you "take" to balance out the bonus HP?
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#6LexifoxPosted 7/30/2013 9:03:01 PM
I don't know what could possiblissey go wrong with this.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7R-A-VPosted 7/30/2013 9:06:27 PM
Scott1187 posted...
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game.

---
R.A.V.
What do these initials stand for? The world's greatest mystery.
#8RoobitysuPosted 7/30/2013 9:14:16 PM
Lexifox posted...
I don't know what could possiblissey go wrong with this.

---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Adelle.png I draw lolis :D https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/IsawaKiyokoAlternate.png
#9Oreno5267Posted 7/30/2013 10:24:05 PM
what would you "take" to balance out the bonus HP?

speed
---
The epitome and pinnacle of anime: http://imgur.com/f29l8mo.gif
#10FuneralCakePosted 7/30/2013 10:25:10 PM
Just straight-up +HP and -nothing? No. No, no no.

I'd be fine with having HP natures, but they shouldn't be just free HP boosts with no drawbacks.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me