This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The neutral natures should give +HP

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The neutral natures should give +HP

User Info: Hydreigoon

Hydreigoon
3 years ago#1
Since having a Pokemon with a neutral nature is pretty stupid.
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.

User Info: Scott1187

Scott1187
3 years ago#2
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game. A neutral nature at least means if you have a pokemon that you want to use as a fast mixed attacker, it wont suffer from it's defenses being lowered. Of course noone uses it competitively, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#3
Scott1187 posted...
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game. A neutral nature at least means if you have a pokemon that you want to use as a fast mixed attacker, it wont suffer from it's defenses being lowered. Of course noone uses it competitively, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

I use them in the story as a good enough option. I usually catch a pokemon til i have an okay enough nature even in the story. Neutral is neither bad or good though so its good enough.
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!

User Info: Scott1187

Scott1187
3 years ago#4
Jaricko posted...
Scott1187 posted...

I use them in the story as a good enough option. I usually catch a pokemon til i have an okay enough nature even in the story. Neutral is neither bad or good though so its good enough.

Yeah, so do I. If I want to use a Krookodile, I make sure the Sandile I catch isn't Modest, for example. But I dont catch twenty of them until I find an Adamant one. And I just accept whatever nature my starter comes with, even if it's detrimental, I wont reset my game over and over until I get the perfect one. The only exception is if I'm making an in-game team, but for the competitive parts of the in-game, like the PWT or Subway. Other than that, as long as it's not detrimental I dont care if it's not ideal.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854

User Info: t3hNub

t3hNub
3 years ago#5
Hydreigoon posted...
The neutral natures should give +HP

Natures work on a give-and-take balance, with neutral natures simply affecting the same stat with both the give and take sides. If they added HP, they wouldn't be neutral, they'd be HP-positive; what would you "take" to balance out the bonus HP?
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#6
I don't know what could possiblissey go wrong with this.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: R-A-V

R-A-V
3 years ago#7
Scott1187 posted...
Natures are pretty irrelevant in-game.
R.A.V.
What do these initials stand for? The world's greatest mystery.

User Info: Roobitysu

Roobitysu
3 years ago#8
Lexifox posted...
I don't know what could possiblissey go wrong with this.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Adelle.png I draw lolis :D https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/IsawaKiyokoAlternate.png

User Info: Oreno5267

Oreno5267
3 years ago#9
what would you "take" to balance out the bonus HP?

speed
The epitome and pinnacle of anime: http://imgur.com/f29l8mo.gif

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#10
Just straight-up +HP and -nothing? No. No, no no.

I'd be fine with having HP natures, but they shouldn't be just free HP boosts with no drawbacks.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The neutral natures should give +HP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived