This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Underwater battle?

#1JammerzWPosted 7/31/2013 12:04:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJJ1pC1jiU&t=19s

@0:41 where you see Clauncher.

At first I wasn't sure whether it was the move effect that made the battle scene appear murkier and more underwater-y. But after pausing just before Crabhammer - I think - hits, it still looks like the seabed.

Not really a big deal but I hope we get some good ol' underwater routes, ruins or even an underwater city. I like deep sea stuff. Thoughts?
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#2Swampert27Posted 7/31/2013 12:08:08 AM
Tiger... ):
#3ChaosCreativityPosted 7/31/2013 12:11:46 AM
I think that might be what a battle looks like when surfing, but only GF knows.

So you'd want them to reintroduce the dive mechanics? An underwater city would be pretty cool to see.
#4SeishinmahouPosted 7/31/2013 12:16:31 AM
its a move effect, although Underwater battle would be awesome!
---
PSN: xtinqcion
http://www.youtube.com/user/Myanimexarts
#5SpiderLanternPosted 7/31/2013 12:19:01 AM
I hope not. Dive is probably my least favorite HM of all time, because it's the third water one. Oh wait I almost forgot Defog exists. Dive is my second least favorite.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#6TherianReturnsPosted 7/31/2013 12:21:48 AM
YES. I am so ready for more underwater battles. And not like Abyssal ruins, but actual encounters. #hyped #grows
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#7JammerzW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:47:47 AM
SpiderLantern posted...
I hope not. Dive is probably my least favorite HM of all time, because it's the third water one. Oh wait I almost forgot Defog exists. Dive is my second least favorite.

Surely Rock Climb is more annoying. Really really annoying in the overworld. At least Dive grants access to actual areas. Defog was such a ridiculous idea for a HM though.
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#8JarickoPosted 7/31/2013 12:49:26 AM
JammerzW posted...
SpiderLantern posted...

Surely Rock Climb is more annoying. Really really annoying in the overworld. At least Dive grants access to actual areas. Defog was such a ridiculous idea for a HM though.

Defog was just flash... again.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#9SpiderLanternPosted 7/31/2013 12:53:31 AM
JammerzW posted...
SpiderLantern posted...

Actually about the same. But I like it slightly better as an actual attack. My main thing with dive is it being a third water HM. I only use one water pokemon in any given play through. I already dislike having to teach it Waterfall and Surf. At least Rock Climb can be used by a wider variety.
---
"Everyone step back. Me and this Jigglypuff are going to tangle and I don't want anyone getting hurt."
#10JarickoPosted 7/31/2013 12:55:27 AM
SpiderLantern posted...
JammerzW posted...
SpiderLantern posted...

Actually about the same. But I like it slightly better as an actual attack. My main thing with dive is it being a third water HM. I only use one water pokemon in any given play through. I already dislike having to teach it Waterfall and Surf. At least Rock Climb can be used by a wider variety.

Wish any lucky you wont need to teach an hm to anything to make it threw the game. And with even more luck hm's as a concept will be replaced by tools and the hms like surf will just become tms.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!