This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How It's Possible For Fennekin To Use Glow Punch

#11Sotiros57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 12:55:09 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
Sotiros57 posted...
RageKaiser posted...
For the love of everything holy I hope so.

If Fennekin is fight/****ing fighting I swear...

*stomps off muttering*

I mean, I just don't see Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Fighting type. It's supposed to be based on a Kyuubi from what I've read. Plus, did you see the stance that Froakie took in the video? He looked like he was whipping out friggin' shuriken - seems like a fighter to me! And, Chespin seems a little... dark and tricksy. I mean, those spikes sure look soft... until you get close and you piss him off.

Fennekin is based on fennecs, desert foxes. Kyuubi implies it's ninetailed, like Ninetales, which actually has nine tails.
It could of course go the Kyuubi path, but with Ninetales having the same primary type already, I don't see them reusing the concept, even if it would make Psychic or with a stretch even Fairy more likely than Fighting.

Touché. Well, perhaps it could focus around the legend Reynard the Fox who was a trickster (as many fairies may be, even though he wasn't a fairy), or around the Japanese legends of the kitsune.
---
X Team List: Froakie, Pangoro, Peroppafu, Noivern, Clauncher, Honedge
Y Team List: Chespin, Vivillon, Skrelp, Sushup, Malimar, Litleo
#12Sotiros57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 1:12:21 AM
Also, this is why I think the starters' secondary types are what I think they may be. I've found some sources that point to these animals' cultural backgrounds, and they do match up with the types we've been leaked. I'm not saying that it's correct, but it's what I think could be possible.

Foxes have stories in many cultures that give them the form of a cunning trickster, but on with magical powers. (Psychic, or Fairy)

Hedgehogs in some European stories make it seem as though the fool the opponent into doing what the hedgehog pleases. (Dark)

Frogs are a symbol of luck in many European cultures. In battle, one may look for "luck" in the form of a hero. (Hero/Fighting)
---
#13JarickoPosted 7/31/2013 1:14:43 AM
Sotiros57 posted...
RageKaiser posted...

*stomps off muttering*

I mean, I just don't see Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Fighting type. It's supposed to be based on a Kyuubi from what I've read. Plus, did you see the stance that Froakie took in the video? He looked like he was whipping out friggin' shuriken - seems like a fighter to me! And, Chespin seems a little... dark and tricksy. I mean, those spikes sure look soft... until you get close and you piss him off.

Dark and tricksy? He was smiling. Like he was happy... how is that... i don't even..
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#14Sotiros57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 1:19:35 AM
Jaricko posted...
Sotiros57 posted...
RageKaiser posted...

*stomps off muttering*

Dark and tricksy? He was smiling. Like he was happy... how is that... i don't even..

Doesn't Smeagle look happy in LOTR while he's traveling with Frodo and Sam? Yeah, but that dude is dark and tricksy.

No, like, in some of the footage we've seen of Chespin he would have his spikes soft, then would contract his body and they would become soft. It's kind of a dirty trick. Use your...

http://sites.psu.edu/reshmajblog/files/2013/04/spongebob-imagination.jpg
---
#15JarickoPosted 7/31/2013 1:21:30 AM
Also why do people think hes gonna be a hedgehog. That pun has been done before already.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#16Sotiros57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 1:24:37 AM
Jaricko posted...
Also why do people think hes gonna be a hedgehog. That pun has been done before already.

Probably because he looks like a hedgehog. I mean, either that or a porcupine. And, the pun is fitting for a Grass-type, yeah?

Or it's a mole with a serious fungal infection.
---
#17person_pitchPosted 7/31/2013 1:26:29 AM
It's not a fighting move, unless Fire is now weak to Fighting. Listen to the video for the distinct SE echo.
#18JoJoX200Posted 7/31/2013 1:27:56 AM
person_pitch posted...
It's not a fighting move, unless Fire is now weak to Fighting. Listen to the video for the distinct SE echo.

Litleo is a Fire/Normal type. Meaning it's weak to Fighting.
#19kito-efilPosted 7/31/2013 1:28:38 AM
Sotiros57 posted...
Jaricko posted...

Probably because he looks like a hedgehog. I mean, either that or a porcupine. And, the pun is fitting for a Grass-type, yeah?

Or it's a mole with a serious fungal infection.

Ever seen a small animal called a CHIPMUNK?
oh hmm never thought of that? nope not once after seeing chip and dale run around in disney shows? -.- why do you people think its going to be a hedgehog or porcupine..... Seriously...
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#20KillerMechanoidPosted 7/31/2013 1:30:35 AM
Wait till Glow Punch is a Fairy type punch move.

If it ever becomes Fire/Fighting, we'll be seeing GF say that they made it so because fans "wanted" it (with all those Fire/Fighting starter jokes out there). Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.