This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to get back into Pokemon before X/Y hit, where should I start?

#1Frakkster13Posted 7/31/2013 4:11:08 PM
Hey guys, I used to play Pokemon through Gen 3 before I stopped, I had thought about going back but had not actually done it before. But now after seeing X and Y I think I want to jump back in. However, I am not sure where the best place to start would be, should I get Platinum or B&W or B&W2? My friend is willing to sell me Platinum or B&W2 for $20. So which should I go for? Also should I worry about EV's and IV's while I am playing? Thanks for any advice!
#2MidnightCrewPosted 7/31/2013 4:12:43 PM
B/W2, definitely.

You do not need to worry about EVs/IVs at all. Unless you want to become super serious competitively, but that comes later. Ingame, definitely not.

c:
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#3X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/31/2013 4:13:03 PM
Black 1 into Black 2
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/31/2013 4:13:09 PM
I personally think BW2 is a more polished game than Platinum, and it's got way more to do, so I'd say that. plus, it will get you introduced to all pokemon you missed after Gen III. As for EV's and IV's, don't worry about those at all unless you want to play competitive, because just about anything works in-game
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#5adept89Posted 7/31/2013 4:20:02 PM
If story is most important to you, start with Black or White. If content (especially in the end-game) is more important to you, start with Black 2 or White 2. You've got a little over 2 months to play whatever you get, and neither game takes long to finish if you play often. You probably shouldn't worry too much about EVs and IVs right away, but it's something to be mindful of if you want to play against other people.
---
Heavypress.
Human beings are just so damn interesting!
#6SirPikachuPosted 7/31/2013 4:33:34 PM
Ehh, I wouldn't really get BW1, there just seemed to not be that much to do compared to BW2. I loved B2, and if you're only going to get 1 game, defiantly get B2 or W2.

Also, it's possible to go through the main game with only a magikarp, so you don't have to really worry about anything with your ingame team.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.