This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that Pokemon games can have DLC...

#1MrAwesome312Posted 8/1/2013 12:54:34 AM(edited)
They should start releasing compatabillity packs when new gens are released, so you can do cross gen trading and battling.

Thoughts?
---
3DS FC: 1934-0688-0329
#2Nerwrax15Posted 8/1/2013 1:05:06 AM
*coughs*Mysterygiftsweredlc*coughs*
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#3LightningAce11Posted 8/1/2013 1:06:34 AM
When was this confirmed?
---
YOU CAN CALL ME MR ACE.
You got a problem, buddy?
#4SpikeTbearPosted 8/1/2013 1:19:56 AM
I just kind of hope Gamefreak can release patches to fix game breaking glitches and stuffs. I don't think they would add brand new things to the games unless they are purely cosmetic like new hats. For new Pokemon or forms, they just release a whole new game.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#5GensokyoPosted 8/1/2013 1:41:25 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
When was this confirmed?

Is this the first thing you're hearing about 3DS being able to have DLC?
#6wurmtokenPosted 8/1/2013 1:49:18 AM(edited)
I thought the event pokemon were the dlc. Come to target/toysrus/EBgames and get the Mew dlc free!

Heck if you look at it that way Nintendo invented console dlc.
#7SlimeStackPosted 8/1/2013 3:23:16 AM
I doubt they would do that between gens tbh. But it'd be great if there was a patch for X and Y to make it compatible with new forms and items that Z/the next games introduce.
---
Blah.
#8SocranPosted 8/1/2013 3:47:24 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I doubt they would do that between gens tbh. But it'd be great if there was a patch for X and Y to make it compatible with new forms and items that Z/the next games introduce.

That's the point. Not just adding all the next generation's Pokemon to this game, but adding all the necessary files so that you could link the games together the way you could with R/B/Y and G/S/C, only without the "remove any G/S/C Pokemon from your party" bit.

Of course, the problem comes from the fact that there's an entirely new battle system, and while they probably won't change too much in the next game, there likely will be tweaks to the appearance. So instead of being able to copy/paste sprites like in the old games, they'd have to create entirely new models and animations in this game's style of the next game's Pokemon. That might make compatibility issues a bit difficult.

One thing it could do, however, is allow them to introduce new event Pokemon without having them already in the game's files. Right now, everybody knows what Pokemon are being "saved for later" as soon as they access the game data, but this way they could actually bring an entirely new Pokemon to the game.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9xKYSxPosted 8/1/2013 3:50:40 AM
only DLC i'd want for this game is character customization.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#10RyanDaRaikouPosted 8/1/2013 3:53:46 AM
if there is dlc,it'd probably be just some clothes or hair styles or something along those lines
---
I am Raikou,hear me ROAR, rawr :3
3DS Friend Code: 1306-5532-2535 PSN: doggy5000