This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Grant the first openly gay character?..The one you've been waiting years for?

#201xyzlacticPosted 8/8/2013 12:36:27 AM
Gays in pokemn will bring acceptance and love :)
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#202ElSilverWindPosted 8/8/2013 12:54:14 AM
I don't recall if I've posted in this topic . . . Oh well.

I don't see nothing wrong, with a little BUMP and grind~

And meh, wasn't that cheerleader dude in BW2 gay? I mean, how else can "I hope those guys would chase after me like they chase after that basketball" or something be interpreted?

It doesn't matter much to me, but it was a nice little touch. :D
#203CalciferJenkinsPosted 8/8/2013 1:06:59 AM
jamieyello posted...
There are Catholics who believe sodomy is a sin, a lot of them. Most of them actually. And around 60% of Americans are Catholic, so... it would be fun to watch. I grew up with Catholic schizophrenics channelling god and literally sputtering out random sounds because they're just filled with holiness from the lord, it sounded like a holy orgasm.... they were selfish terrible people tbqh.

I'm all for it. Once you compare it to black people, black people shouldn't be in a game because you're not used to them, doesn't really sound as good.

These games need to f***ing come out already.

Are you sure 60% (roughly) of Americans are Catholic? That doesn't sound correct to me. I don't mean to be rude though, I could be wrong.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#204KOTRsssPosted 8/8/2013 2:07:09 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I'm all for gay rights.

But that doesn't mean a game marketed to 10-12 year olds NEEDS an openly gay character and we should ask them for it.

Sexuality of all kinds doesn't belong in Pokemon. Hell, ROMANCE hasn't even been in the games as far as I can tell. Some NPCs are married but that's the extent of it--you never see any demonstrations of it. Because the game just doesn't need it.

By that logic, there's no reason there shouldnt be gay couples in Pokemon, seeing how there are straight couples. Other than the fact that Japan doesnt acknowledge homosexuality for the most part and selling pokemon in the US involves marketing to homophobic troglodytes.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#205KOTRsssPosted 8/8/2013 2:10:24 AM
CalciferJenkins posted...
jamieyello posted...
There are Catholics who believe sodomy is a sin, a lot of them. Most of them actually. And around 60% of Americans are Catholic, so... it would be fun to watch. I grew up with Catholic schizophrenics channelling god and literally sputtering out random sounds because they're just filled with holiness from the lord, it sounded like a holy orgasm.... they were selfish terrible people tbqh.

I'm all for it. Once you compare it to black people, black people shouldn't be in a game because you're not used to them, doesn't really sound as good.

These games need to f***ing come out already.

Are you sure 60% (roughly) of Americans are Catholic? That doesn't sound correct to me. I don't mean to be rude though, I could be wrong.

Seems he's wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

73% Christian, 22% Catholic.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#206LightningAce11Posted 8/8/2013 2:34:06 AM
I don't believe in homophobia. I believe in people who are a-holes to gay people.
---
YOU CAN CALL ME MR ACE.
You got a problem, buddy?
#207stfn12345Posted 8/8/2013 7:14:14 AM
jneal57 posted...
i am a gaymer and personally i don't care if any lgbt in my pokemon.

I'm not, but damn is that a neat little word. Gaymer. Fun. But anyway, to actually get to the point, I don't think we need any lgbt representation in Pokemon, but I also think it could be a really cool thing for Nintendo to do to help out some of their younger audience who may not feel like the fit in quite right. Showing gay characters in a totally normal and natural light without calling any attention to them is a great way to let kids know early on that hey, if you don't like boys/girls like your other friends then that's okay.