This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Game Freak design all these pokemon?

#1DiayamondoPosted 8/1/2013 11:53:16 AM
The designs are unique, who comes up with these and how do they do it? I'm an artist, so I'm interested in character design. e3e
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 8/1/2013 11:57:20 AM
IIRC I read an article that said they break up into groups, and each group is responsible for 10-15 ideas for pokemon. So it makes sense that they're all unique, because they're not all done by the same group of people
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3GensokyoPosted 8/1/2013 11:57:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

Something like this, probably.
#4ElectricNovaPosted 8/1/2013 12:14:55 PM
They looked into the fabric of time and space, which then flowed into their brains through their eyes.
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#5undisputed2386Posted 8/1/2013 12:21:10 PM
Ken Sugimori apparently has an sketchbook with hundreds of designs that have never seen the light of day. I guess he just sketches in his free time and bases his drawings off of things he sees in every day life.
---
R.I.P. Metal Gear Online - 6/12/08 - 6/12/12
#6yoshirulezzPosted 8/1/2013 12:24:46 PM
undisputed2386 posted...
Ken Sugimori apparently has an sketchbook with hundreds of designs that have never seen the light of day. I guess he just sketches in his free time and bases his drawings off of things he sees in every day life.

I don't think he actually created every pokemon idea though, he just drew other people's designs.
---
"It's too late... for me to undo my mistakes. But you can't let Xemnas... have Kingdom Hearts. You can't."
#7FuneralCakePosted 8/1/2013 12:26:19 PM
Right, Sugimori just does the finalized art for the Pokemon. While he does design some of them completely by himself, a team of people have created the Pokemon, even from the very beginning.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#8bagPosted 8/1/2013 12:47:21 PM
It is kind of weird to think of Pokemon being designed by someone. Like Charmander for example. I've known Charmander all my life, and its almost hard to believe that one day someone sat down and just came up with Charmander.
---
The future states that there is no time; other than the collapsation of that sensation of the mirror of the memories in which we are living.
#9Montymole11Posted 8/1/2013 12:59:36 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Right, Sugimori just does the finalized art for the Pokemon. While he does design some of them completely by himself, a team of people have created the Pokemon, even from the very beginning.

Draws... Draws... Draws... DONE!

:) -l-<
---
Official Chespin of the XY Boards.
I dare you to check out my awesome Pokemon website at https://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 8/1/2013 1:00:48 PM
bag posted...
It is kind of weird to think of Pokemon being designed by someone. Like Charmander for example. I've known Charmander all my life, and its almost hard to believe that one day someone sat down and just came up with Charmander.

---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.