This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Froakie strikes a little ninjitsu pose when you choose it

#21JarickoPosted 8/2/2013 1:08:00 AM
jayman7 posted...
Jaricko posted...
They are similar and biologically almost the same. Toads front lets are not really designed well for jumping though. The skin is usually better for dryer claimants and they tend to be covered in warts more then frogs are. Frogs tend to much smoother.

There are occasions where the characteristics can be found on the opposite sides although i do not think the front legs are one of them. Its like the difference between a desert tortoise and a sea turtle. Not quite the same.

Tortoises and turtles are biologically distinct. Tortoises belong to the Testudinoidea superfamily, while turtles belong to the Chelonioidea superfamily.

Frogs and toads are not distinct. Quoth Wikipedia: "A distinction between frogs and toads is not made in taxonomy, but is common in popular culture, in which toads are associated with drier skin and more terrestrial habitats than frogs." (Emphasis mine.) Though the family Bufonidae (a subset of Anura; ie. frogs) is most commonly associated with toads, species of many other Anura families are also called toads.

Good information. I will take it but, word of advice. Quoting wikipedia as a source of information is not the best idea. Its a wiki. Wiki information needs to be cited as just about anyone can edit a wiki at any time they want to. If I wanted to i could go on wikipedia right now and alter the information to say the very opposite. I used to listen to a history teacher talk in a podcast. On that podcast she said that she once caught her students not only coping word for word what was on wikipedia but they also did not credit it of course since most teachers will fail you if they know you took it from there. However the part that was most amusing is the student was using articles that the teacher herself had written and claimed that it was there own.

Wikipedia is not a bad site. Its simply a place to start looking for information.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#22jayman7Posted 8/2/2013 1:09:40 AM
Wikipedia has been dubbed more accurate than print encyclopedias. And you can always just view a page's history if something doesn't match up. And it usually cites its information.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#23JarickoPosted 8/2/2013 1:14:19 AM
jayman7 posted...
Wikipedia has been dubbed more accurate than print encyclopedias. And you can always just view a page's history if something doesn't match up. And it usually cites its information.

Well as i said its the place to start. The citation is where to go next. Then you do a 3rd source if you can just to be sure.
---
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#24jayman7Posted 8/2/2013 1:24:36 AM
Now it's been a while since I was in high school, let alone middle, but this sounds like a rule a middle school teacher would insist upon.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#25Sid_StarkillerPosted 8/2/2013 1:48:23 AM
Jaricko posted...
They are similar and biologically almost the same. Toads front lets are not really designed well for jumping though. The skin is usually better for dryer claimants and they tend to be covered in warts more then frogs are. Frogs tend to much smoother.

Climates. I try to avoid doing this, but I laughed at that one.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#26JarickoPosted 8/2/2013 1:50:01 AM
Sid_Starkiller posted...
Jaricko posted...

Climates. I try to avoid doing this, but I laughed at that one.

Fair enough. I should have payed a bit more attention to what i auto correct.
---
#27JarickoPosted 8/2/2013 1:54:07 AM
jayman7 posted...
Now it's been a while since I was in high school, let alone middle, but this sounds like a rule a middle school teacher would insist upon.

College actually. Most of the middle school teachers i had would not have caught me doing that had I ever done it. And even some high school teachers. Although i only know the high school one because I cheated most of my english tests. In high school I had a sudo home schooling. Most weeks i was instructed to do some novel reading. And I usually relaxed on weeks like that, would use a site i knew about to read summaries on all the chapters to reduce the reading to 30 - 40 minutes and do some essay on it. I read all the time anyway I figured so what harm could it do to skip the books my class wanted me to read.
---
#28deadpool848Posted 8/2/2013 5:36:49 AM
THe only thing that bothers me is we already have a pokemon based on a ninja... and they made it pure bug (accelgor), while the pokemon based on a knight is bug/steel. I'm not saying what froakie's type will and will not be, but there is a possibility it will be pure water (i think highly unlikely, but a possibility nontheless).