This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when people were saying there was no way going to be a new type?

#1RX0megaPosted 8/2/2013 4:50:58 AM
Like here? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66207061

Remember that sort of thing? Anyway, what do you think of the new type? What do you think it opens up for the games? Who do you hope besides the already named candidates get retyped in to the Fairy type?
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Remember folks, every Nintendo system ever was doomed. But the Wii U is doomed for sure!!
#2Alexoneill77777Posted 8/2/2013 5:02:40 AM
I got so much hate for saying sylveon was going to be a new type. People kept going on about how gamefreak is trolling us and how it is going to be a normal type. Why would it have been a normal type when we already have one?
---
FC- 3754 7190 4070
I hate gold watering cans so much you don't even know
#3XazealPosted 8/2/2013 5:05:34 AM
I actually prefer to look back to pre-BW times when everyone were convinced the starter evolutions were fake, and pointed out dozens of details that "proved" they were fanmade. Emboar was really Lickitung, Samurott was Dialga, it was delicious.
---
Official Officialty of the Officialityness Board.
#4SocranPosted 8/2/2013 5:16:33 AM
Alexoneill77777 posted...
I got so much hate for saying sylveon was going to be a new type. People kept going on about how gamefreak is trolling us and how it is going to be a normal type. Why would it have been a normal type when we already have one?

I got hate both for claiming it was a new type, and for saying "Fairy type" before there was even a rumor about it. "lol@fairy" indeed.

However, if not a new type, Normal was actually the most likely typing for Sylveon. Eevee isn't "the Normal Eeveelution", it's seperate from the rest of the spectrum. And since Sylveon was clearly fairy-themed, and all previous fairy-themed Pokemon (not necessarily the Fairy Egg Group) were Normal type, that made it the most likely. Far more than things like Bug or Fighting, anyway. One way or another, it was bound to share a type with Clefairy.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."