This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How I rationalize Pokemon based on objects/food.

#1ReachOutToTruthPosted 8/2/2013 8:46:43 AM
We, who live in boring reality, are already too familiar with things like "ice cream". Heck, we're even familiar with "Pokeballs". We assume then, that it's just weird to have Pokemon based off of them.

But think in terms of someone living in boring fantasy. These Pokemon have been evolving for millions of years, and have been around much longer than ice cream for them. Is it so hard to believe that in the Pokemon world, humans looked at Vanillish and thought, "Hey...HEY! That gives me an idea..."

Imagine when Kurt first saw a voltorb. "Wait...WAIT! If I do something to these apricorns, they sort of look...like a VOLTORB! And if it looks like a Voltorb...I can...Zvarri!" Balls created, science owes an advance to another weird Pokemon.

So somebody looks at a Garbodor and thinks, "Wait! That's perfect. Maybe I can put MY GARBAGE in a BAG!"

Or a culinarian sees vanillish and is like, "Wait, I already have iced cream...and that's what his head looks like. But...if I can create...a CONE! OHMEHGERD!"

Sometimes you have to stop judging things based on narrow minded cultural assumptions.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#2CherryTangerinePosted 8/2/2013 8:53:20 AM
It actually is like that. In the Pokemon world, ice cream is based on the Pokemon and not the other way around.
#3l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 8/2/2013 8:56:35 AM
Maybe Arceus was just hungry.
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#4Unnoticed_HeroPosted 8/2/2013 9:09:37 AM
That... actually makes me like inanimate object Pokemon a lot more! Thank you!
---
YOUR CONTRITION IS SWEET AMBROSIA.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
#5patkelly929Posted 8/2/2013 10:21:30 AM
I think that the inanimate object Pokemon tend to take more creativity than a lot of the others.

I think Charizard is one of the most unoriginal Pokemon designs in the game.

If you stop and seriously think about it for a second, what do you see more of in the general media: Fire breathing dragons or anthropomorpic ice cream? I guarantee that there's more fire breathing dragons out there.

Creative doesn't mean super-cool badassery. It means something different from the norm. Something silly can still be creative and original, and I don't think Charizard is either of those things.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 8/2/2013 10:24:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7KingTumbleweedPosted 8/2/2013 10:27:00 AM(edited)
Pretty sure Voltorb were mentioned to be malfunctioned Pokeballs.
And Trubbish/Garbodar was created from a chemical reaction.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#8thebananabanditPosted 8/2/2013 10:52:52 AM(edited)
ReachOutToTruth posted...

Imagine when Kurt first saw a voltorb. "Wait...WAIT! If I do something to these apricorns, they sort of look...like a VOLTORB! And if it looks like a Voltorb...I can...Zvarri!" Balls created, science owes an advance to another weird Pokemon.

Sometimes you have to stop judging things based on narrow minded cultural assumptions.

Why do these feel like Ace Attorney references?

Or is the whole post a Luke Atmey reference?
---
Yo Dawg, we heard you liked immunity to ground type moves so we put an Air Balloon on Rotom-F so you can float while you levitate while you fly
#9Soul_of_YveltalPosted 8/2/2013 10:48:33 AM
KingTumbleweed posted...

Wrong on the 1st sentence and correct on the 2nd.
---
I am the true Yveltal.
#10KingTumbleweedPosted 8/2/2013 11:02:41 AM
Soul_of_Yveltal posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

Wrong on the 1st sentence and correct on the 2nd.

Just looked it up, Voltorb isn't a malfunctioned Pokeball. It's mentioned it was discovered around the same time as Pokeballs and that's it. So...yeah.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.