This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do people hate food pokemon

#21OsrangerPosted 8/2/2013 1:35:45 PM
Because they look delicious and I don't like to think of something with a living, smiling face on it as delicious and edible.
---
If you can read this, you are in range
#22Infernus93Posted 8/2/2013 2:04:31 PM
jfx_zero posted...
Infernus93 posted...
gamemeister904 posted...
I can understand why people hate the trash bag so much

I can't.

For the record, I get opinions. I understand that there's always going to be someone fill the hate void.

I'm pretty sure people just have different opinions

Like I said, I get that. I just don't see why it seems to hurt them so deeply. For both the garbage Pokemon, or the food Pokemon. More confusing to me is that it's usually the idea of trash or food as a Pokemon that has people upset. Not the design.

People wonder what would happen if religious groups ever got their hands on SMT, but I'd almost bet they'd get over it quicker than Pokemon fans will over the idea of these designs.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#23jfx_zeroPosted 8/2/2013 2:09:45 PM
Infernus93 posted...
jfx_zero posted...
Infernus93 posted...
gamemeister904 posted...

I can't.

For the record, I get opinions. I understand that there's always going to be someone fill the hate void.

Like I said, I get that. I just don't see why it seems to hurt them so deeply. For both the garbage Pokemon, or the food Pokemon. More confusing to me is that it's usually the idea of trash or food as a Pokemon that has people upset. Not the design.

People wonder what would happen if religious groups ever got their hands on SMT, but I'd almost bet they'd get over it quicker than Pokemon fans will over the idea of these designs.

SMT?
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#24SesshoruPosted 8/2/2013 2:09:47 PM
Infernus93 posted...
jfx_zero posted...
Infernus93 posted...
gamemeister904 posted...

I can't.

Seriously. And is Trubbish really that much different then Muk or Grimer? It's just a bit of social commentary by GF, maybe if our planet was cleaner we wouldn't have garbage or pollution pokemon. Watch I bet soon we'll even have the melting iceberg pokemon.
#25SirPikachuPosted 8/2/2013 7:02:31 PM
Because most of the ideas for food pokémon would end up looking really stupid and weird, like a hamburger with a face.

I think a "hot dog" dog or something would be cute tho, it could be red and have like giant bump things to look like buns.

Also, people like grimer and muk because of the way they look. A simple pile of sludge is much different than a hear of ugly green with ugly trash and a ugly arms and a painful looking face. Trubbish is cute tho, it's just a little walking bag thing.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#26kagster123Posted 8/2/2013 7:35:19 PM
I think we have to see it through the pokemon world rather than our own. I see it as the Vannilite family coming before the food ice cream in the pokemon world, than maybe humans decided to model the pokemon in food form.

Wait what am I even saying?
---
W2 FC-0090 4073 1113
B1-3955 8779 8112