This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who wins in a fight Mewtwo or Wargreymon?

#61GBeastMegamanBXPosted 8/3/2013 9:34:50 AM
FuzzyJello posted...
The problem I always have comparing Digimon with Pokemon is that Digimon, particularly higher-level ones, will still be beaten into the ground by enemies whose abilities, on a practical level, are less impressive than opponents they've already fought. Say, Wargreymon; skewers and deletes Metalseadramon in one shot like a boss, then is ultimate owned by Piedmon's what, trump sword?

Sure, Piedmon's a stronger Digimon, but for what reason other than plot? Is plot Digimon's equivalent of Dragon Ball's "ki tiers", in that case? There are other decent examples too, my memory of the series is just blurry. Digimon are portrayed as more powerful and rightfully, but how much they can take has always been suspect to me, and that's where Pokemon get their fighting chance.

The reason WarGreymon was able to pwn MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon is because his claws, the Dramon Destroyers, does as its names says and both of them have -dra in their names. Thus when he fought Piedmon, he didn't have the advantage he had before. Luckily for them Angemon digivolved into MagnaAngemon,who has advantage over "evil" digimon.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#62JarickoPosted 8/3/2013 9:42:00 AM
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
FuzzyJello posted...
The problem I always have comparing Digimon with Pokemon is that Digimon, particularly higher-level ones, will still be beaten into the ground by enemies whose abilities, on a practical level, are less impressive than opponents they've already fought. Say, Wargreymon; skewers and deletes Metalseadramon in one shot like a boss, then is ultimate owned by Piedmon's what, trump sword?

Sure, Piedmon's a stronger Digimon, but for what reason other than plot? Is plot Digimon's equivalent of Dragon Ball's "ki tiers", in that case? There are other decent examples too, my memory of the series is just blurry. Digimon are portrayed as more powerful and rightfully, but how much they can take has always been suspect to me, and that's where Pokemon get their fighting chance.

The reason WarGreymon was able to pwn MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon is because his claws, the Dramon Destroyers, does as its names says and both of them have -dra in their names. Thus when he fought Piedmon, he didn't have the advantage he had before. Luckily for them Angemon digivolved into MagnaAngemon,who has advantage over "evil" digimon.

MagnaAngelmon is also overpowered as F***
So much so that when he became seraphimon in one of the movies and it was not treated as a big deal I wanted to scream so damn hard. That should have been a much bigger deal then it was.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#63FuzzyJelloPosted 8/3/2013 9:43:49 AM

Where do we learn this? I never knew he had that property; it explains that pretty well, particularly considering MagnaAngemon's advantage over Piedmon needs no explanation.
#64SoleEaterPosted 8/3/2013 9:49:58 AM
FuzzyJello posted...

Where do we learn this? I never knew he had that property; it explains that pretty well, particularly considering MagnaAngemon's advantage over Piedmon needs no explanation.

It's said in the anime. and other material. That's what his claws are.
---
http://www.collegedj.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/wiz-khalifa.png
#65DigiHerokidPosted 8/3/2013 10:00:12 AM
Again
Wargreymon
Terra force, great tornado ,(game-wise dragon claw) ,
And if need be Wargreymon X for
Those who know the
X eVolution movie

Anime wise yes too
Maybe a little harder but still

I love both but digimon holds a better place in my childhood (btw im 13) because of the anime
#66UmuruPosted 8/3/2013 10:29:04 AM
These are both shonen series. Wargreymon is a main character's partner. He will always win in the end. Mewtwo might beat him initially, but somehow he will come back and beat it.
#67SoleEaterPosted 8/3/2013 10:33:35 AM
Umuru posted...
These are both shonen series. Wargreymon is a main character's partner. He will always win in the end. Mewtwo might beat him initially, but somehow he will come back and beat it.

Mewtwo wouldn't even beat a Wargreymon initially.
---
#68UmuruPosted 8/3/2013 10:34:28 AM
Jaricko posted...

So much so that when he became seraphimon in one of the movies and it was not treated as a big deal I wanted to scream so damn hard. That should have been a much bigger deal then it was.

Holy Angemon has an advantage against basically "evil" Digimon. Devimon was a Fallen Angel, and Piemon was a Demon Man, so presumably that is where his advantage comes from. In the movie, it seemed more like Seraphimon and Holydramon were just being used to summon the Golden evolution items. In any case, he probably wouldn't have been all that powerful against Cherubimon anyway since it isn't an "evil" type.
#69SoleEaterPosted 8/3/2013 10:38:29 AM
Umuru posted...
Jaricko posted...

Holy Angemon has an advantage against basically "evil" Digimon. Devimon was a Fallen Angel, and Piemon was a Demon Man, so presumably that is where his advantage comes from. In the movie, it seemed more like Seraphimon and Holydramon were just being used to summon the Golden evolution items. In any case, he probably wouldn't have been all that powerful against Cherubimon anyway since it isn't an "evil" type.

That Cherubimon was definitely evil. There are 2 kinds of Cherubimon, the evil kind and the holy one. That one was evil, but only because the holy one was corrupted. He was still evil until they killed the virus.
---
#70UmuruPosted 8/3/2013 10:40:06 AM
SoleEater posted...
Umuru posted...
Jaricko posted...

That Cherubimon was definitely evil. There are 2 kinds of Cherubimon, the evil kind and the holy one. That one was evil, but only because the holy one was corrupted. He was still evil until they killed the virus.

Erm.. I was speaking more on their type classifications.