This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

#11SithMasterDKPosted 8/3/2013 3:37:03 AM
I've been playing since pokemon blue and I haven't seen any shinies besides events. This I after logging over 1000 hours into each gen as well. I have encountered pokerus 3 times tho which I heard is rarer... But I just want my own shiny.

I would pet it and feed it and cuddle it and love it George, yes I would.
---
Currently playing- Skyrim (PC), Pokemon Showdown, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, Dr. Mario, and good old fashioned foosball.
#12EstheimasterPosted 8/3/2013 3:44:26 AM
I have RNG bred several myself, but I'll only list the ones that I encountered elsewhere.

My first shiny ever was a shiny Pichu in the Trophy Garden in Platinum. I was EV training a Kirlia and was so excited that I lost track of EVs and that Kirlia still sits useless in my box to this day.

My second found shiny was actually last week. I was doing a randomizer run of Hoenn in Emerald and I found a shiny Seviper outside Sootopolis City.

I've also gotten a shiny Meganium on the GTS.

My brother found a shiny Torkoal in Emerald before I ever knew about shiny Pokemon, and then got a shiny Braviary (now one of his favorite Pokemon) off the GTS.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#13ManBearFoxIIIPosted 8/3/2013 3:45:25 AM
I hatched a shiny chimchar last gen. Sucks that it just missed the cut for good IVs.
---
PSN: TheGreatRadsby
Pearl: 1463 0122 2255 || SoulSilver: 0217 2997 2617 || Black: 5415 0639 4656
#14KingTumbleweedPosted 8/3/2013 3:49:42 AM
I found a shiny Staraptor.
The first Ferroseed I encountered was shiny.
Also found a shiny Durant.
...that's it.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#15gunsndrosesPosted 8/3/2013 4:02:18 AM
Aside from the Red Gyarados in G/S/C/HS/SS and the Black Haxorus in B/W2.... no ;(

nor have I ever encountered Pokerus ;(

To think, I've been playing Pokemon since I was a kid in Gen I, and even came within 2 Pokemon of finishing the dex in Gen III... but I've never seen either of these phenomena lol.

Sidenote- is it possible to get a shiny Pokemon to pass down its shininess to a child? I'm not familiar with any mechanics of shiny Pokemon and breeding.
---
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
He's just standing there.... MENACINGLY!!
#16Mudkip43Posted 8/3/2013 4:29:24 AM
Yup.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#17alpha-apePosted 8/3/2013 4:42:44 AM
I caught only one shiny, a Cherubi
---
My Poke Farm: http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/alpha-ape#0
My Dragcave: http://dragcave.net/user/alpha-ape
#18Gatorade22Posted 8/3/2013 4:44:32 AM
I have caught a shiny Pokémon in every game I have ever owned. So far I have a shiny Ratatta, Goldeen, Pikachu, Sentret, Hoothoot, Suicune, Gligar, Wingull, Seedot, Gastrodon, Rioulu, Spiritomb, Krockarock, Audino, Sandile, And Lillipup. I am proud of my collection. I don't evolve them. I never delete my games. I save and treasure each and every one of them.
---
I'm cool guy. The Official Landorus of the Pokemon X Board.
To 500!
#19javel34Posted 8/3/2013 4:44:52 AM
If someone ask this or my favorite Pokemon of every type then I'm going to snap. I'm gonna take hostages I swear to Morgan freeman.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.
#20littlelynn84Posted 8/3/2013 4:52:35 AM
I have been playing Pokemon since day one, and to this day I still have never encountered a Shiny (besides that one Gyarados), much less caught it. Apparently, I've got terrible luck with this, especially compared to some of you who've gotten several.