This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

User Info: SithMasterDK

SithMasterDK
3 years ago#11
I've been playing since pokemon blue and I haven't seen any shinies besides events. This I after logging over 1000 hours into each gen as well. I have encountered pokerus 3 times tho which I heard is rarer... But I just want my own shiny.

I would pet it and feed it and cuddle it and love it George, yes I would.
Currently playing- Skyrim (PC), Pokemon Showdown, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, Dr. Mario, and good old fashioned foosball.

User Info: Estheimaster

Estheimaster
3 years ago#12
I have RNG bred several myself, but I'll only list the ones that I encountered elsewhere.

My first shiny ever was a shiny Pichu in the Trophy Garden in Platinum. I was EV training a Kirlia and was so excited that I lost track of EVs and that Kirlia still sits useless in my box to this day.

My second found shiny was actually last week. I was doing a randomizer run of Hoenn in Emerald and I found a shiny Seviper outside Sootopolis City.

I've also gotten a shiny Meganium on the GTS.

My brother found a shiny Torkoal in Emerald before I ever knew about shiny Pokemon, and then got a shiny Braviary (now one of his favorite Pokemon) off the GTS.
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku

User Info: ManBearFoxIII

ManBearFoxIII
3 years ago#13
I hatched a shiny chimchar last gen. Sucks that it just missed the cut for good IVs.
PSN: TheGreatRadsby
Pearl: 1463 0122 2255 || SoulSilver: 0217 2997 2617 || Black: 5415 0639 4656

User Info: KingTumbleweed

KingTumbleweed
3 years ago#14
I found a shiny Staraptor.
The first Ferroseed I encountered was shiny.
Also found a shiny Durant.
...that's it.
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.

User Info: gunsndroses

gunsndroses
3 years ago#15
Aside from the Red Gyarados in G/S/C/HS/SS and the Black Haxorus in B/W2.... no ;(

nor have I ever encountered Pokerus ;(

To think, I've been playing Pokemon since I was a kid in Gen I, and even came within 2 Pokemon of finishing the dex in Gen III... but I've never seen either of these phenomena lol.

Sidenote- is it possible to get a shiny Pokemon to pass down its shininess to a child? I'm not familiar with any mechanics of shiny Pokemon and breeding.
3DS FC: 3153-4286-2384
He's just standing there.... MENACINGLY!!

User Info: Mudkip43

Mudkip43
3 years ago#16
Yup.
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC

User Info: alpha-ape

alpha-ape
3 years ago#17
I caught only one shiny, a Cherubi
My Poke Farm: http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/alpha-ape#0
My Dragcave: http://dragcave.net/user/alpha-ape

User Info: Gatorade22

Gatorade22
3 years ago#18
I have caught a shiny Pokémon in every game I have ever owned. So far I have a shiny Ratatta, Goldeen, Pikachu, Sentret, Hoothoot, Suicune, Gligar, Wingull, Seedot, Gastrodon, Rioulu, Spiritomb, Krockarock, Audino, Sandile, And Lillipup. I am proud of my collection. I don't evolve them. I never delete my games. I save and treasure each and every one of them.
I'm cool guy. The Official Landorus of the Pokemon X Board.
To 500!

User Info: javel34

javel34
3 years ago#19
If someone ask this or my favorite Pokemon of every type then I'm going to snap. I'm gonna take hostages I swear to Morgan freeman.
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 http://zettai-cosplay.deviantart.com/art/Skyla-Cosplay-244148531 my wife. Doesn't count Tiger, this ones real.

User Info: littlelynn84

littlelynn84
3 years ago#20
I have been playing Pokemon since day one, and to this day I still have never encountered a Shiny (besides that one Gyarados), much less caught it. Apparently, I've got terrible luck with this, especially compared to some of you who've gotten several.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived